The NativeScript framework was created to ease the mobile app development process by leveraging developers existing web development skills to create native mobile apps for iOS and Android. With its latest release NativeScript has again improved developer productivity through capabilities including code sharing, hot module replacement, preview enhancements and more.
In 2016, NativeScript 2.0 gave developers the ability to use Angular and NativeScript to create native mobile apps, but we wanted to take it a step further by enabling them to keep their code in one place and share business logic between web, iOS and Android, said Brad Green, Engineering Director, Angular Framework, Google Inc. We’ve worked closely with the NativeScript team resulting in the NativeScript-Schematics that integrates with the Angular CLI, making the user experience for developing both web and mobile within a single project completely seamless.
New in NativeScript 5.0:
- NativeScript-Schematics “ a joint initiative with Angular to create a schematic that enables the building of both web and mobile apps from a single project
- New Instant Start CLI workflow “ begin work on native apps in five minutes with no up-front requirements to install iOS and Android SDKs
- Hot Module Replacement “ instantaneous, stateful application updates, avoiding full page reload, significantly accelerating the app development and debugging experience
- Vue.js support “ core Vue.js developer experience through a single file component in the NativeScript Playground
- Streamlined Getting Started experience “ Easier development with Playground-compatible code samples available in the NativeScript Marketplace
- Android enhancements “ increased animation scenarios and more material design capabilities.
- Vector type support for iOS “ enable a broader set of augmented reality scenarios for iOS
NativeScript is a key technology in Progress high productivity application development offering, enabling a unified cross-platform developer experience for truly native multi-channel, multi-platform apps.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Todays release of NativeScript 5.0 brings an unprecedented level of ease, flexibility and productivity to the mobile app dev experience, said Todd Anglin, Vice President, Product and Developer Relations, Progress. Not only have we improved the ability to kickstart a project for new NativeScript users, but weve also expanded key attributes important to developers more versed in our offerings. As we look to 2019 and beyond we will continue to be at the forefront by offering technology that enables our developer community to drive innovation and improve productivity every step of the way.
NativeScript 5.0 is available today. For more information, go to www.nativescript.org.
- Follow Progress on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+
- Follow NativeScript on Twitter
- Read the Progress blog
About Progress Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application, the flexibility of a serverless cloud to deploy modern apps, business rules, web content management, plus leading data connectivity technology. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress and NativeScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Kim Baker, +1 888-365-2779