Power restored to most households in Ukraine's Russia-controlled Zaporizhzhia region
Published by Global Banking & Finance Review®
Posted on February 22, 2026
1 min readLast updated: February 22, 2026

Published by Global Banking & Finance Review®
Posted on February 22, 2026
1 min readLast updated: February 22, 2026

Russia-installed officials say most of Zaporizhzhia has power again after Ukrainian strikes, with about 12,000 homes still offline. In Luhansk, a drone attack set a fuel reservoir on fire, according to local authorities.
Feb 22 (Reuters) - Emergency crews have restored power to most areas hit by cuts after a major Ukrainian attack on energy infrastructure, the Russia-installed governor of the part of Zaporizhzhia region controlled by Moscow said.
Yevgeny Balitsky, writing on Telegram, said power supplies had been restored to all but 12,000 households in a single district. Emergency crews were working to complete the job, he said.
Balitsky had earlier said two power outages had occurred in the region in southeastern Ukraine. Workers had already restored power to 50% of the region and generators were supporting critical infrastructure.
In Russian-controlled Luhansk in Ukraine's northeast, a fuel reservoir caught fire after a Ukrainian drone attack on an oil depot, Leonid Pasechnik, the Moscow-installed leader, said.
(Reporting by Reuters; editing by Guy Faulconbridge, Ron Popeski and David Gregorio)
Power has been restored to most households in Russia-controlled areas of Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia region after strikes on energy infrastructure, according to local officials.
Authorities reported that about 12,000 households in one district remain without power while repairs continue.
Yevgeny Balitsky, the Russia-installed governor of the occupied part of the Zaporizhzhia region, shared the update on Telegram.
Explore more articles in the Finance category


