Strong hires made across Pinnacle Financial Partners four-state footprint have accelerated its organic growth strategy of recruiting the best bankers and the best clients from large regional and national competitors. During the third quarter, market leaders recruited 23 revenue producers with an average of 23 years of experience, including 10 C&I and private banking financial advisors. Of those 10, seven were hired in the Carolinas and Virginia, putting Pinnacle months ahead of schedule in its goal of hiring 65 C&I and private banking advisors in those markets by July 2022.
Weve always relied on our market leaders to find and hire the best, said M. Terry Turner, Pinnacles president and CEO. Theyve taken the ball, run with it and scored touchdown after touchdown in bringing us the top talent in their markets. As their teams grow, so do our deposits and loan books. Thats the model that has helped our firm grow to the No. 1 bank in Nashville for deposits and grow deposits by double digits in several other of our communities.
In the Carolinas and Virginia, the plan for hiring 65 C&I financial advisors over five years advanced. With seven coming on board in the third quarter, among 14 revenue producers hired altogether in those states, the total now stands at 26 C&I and private banking advisors hired since July 1, 2017.
Our markets in the Carolinas and Virginia are rife with opportunity for taking talented bankers from our competitors, Turner said. Even seasoned professionals are looking for greener pastures, and you just cant beat our reputation for culture and autonomy. As word has spread of the world-class place to work that weve built, our recruiting pipeline has swelled. I expect this momentum to continue and build.
The 14 newly hired revenue producers in these markets are:
- Brian Rogers, a commercial financial advisor with 29 years of experience who most recently served as the leader of Wells Fargos entire business banking team for the region
- Christopher Fowler, a commercial financial advisor with 22 years of experience who spent nearly all of that time at Wells Fargo and its predecessor banks
- Karen Canty, an SBA financial advisor with 18 years of experience who comes from TD Bank
- Ashley Jackson, an SBA portfolio manager with 24 years of experience who comes from Ciena Capital
- James Huffman, a commercial financial advisor with 17 years of experience who comes from Wells Fargo, where he was a senior relationship manager for Virginia and West Virginia
- Craig Crenshaw, the first financial consultant with Pinnacle Asset Management to serve the Raleigh market, has 24 years of experience and comes from SunTrust Investment Services
- Veronica Bent, a small business financial advisor with 23 years of experience who previously served as a commercial loan officer at Fidelity Bank
- Dawn Robinson, a commercial financial advisor with 31 years of experience who spent 20 years at First Citizens Bank
- John McNeill, a mortgage advisor with 30 years of experience who spent the majority of that time at Wells Fargo
- Leanne Rose, a treasury management advisor with 20 years of experience who also comes from Wells Fargo
Greensboro-High Point, NC
- Teresa Class, a small business financial advisor with 17 years of experience who comes from Keller Williams Realty Elite and First Citizens Bank
- Tammy Guffey, an office leader serving small business and retail clients with 30 years of experience who comes from Aquesta Bank
- Carolee Staddart, a client services advisor serving small business and retail clients with 22 years of experience who comes from PNC Bank
- Yates Parker, a commercial financial advisor in Winston-Salem with 15 years of experience who previously served as a business banker at First National Bank
In Tennessee, Pinnacle leaders recruited nine significant revenue producers during the third quarter. Highlights of these hires include:
- Justin Reed, a commercial financial advisor in Memphis with 15 years of experience who was a commercial lender at SunTrust
- Samantha Curd, a commercial financial advisor in Nashville with 21 years of experience who managed the private banking team for ServisFirst
- Bradley Miller, a commercial financial advisor in Memphis with 16 years of experience who was director of commercial and treasury services at Metropolitan Bank
- Sherri Alley, a trust advisor in Knoxville with 15 years of experience who is an attorney and was the vice president for advancement at the East Tennessee Foundation
Pinnacle Financial Partners provides a full range of banking, investment, trust, mortgage and insurance products and services designed for businesses and their owners and individuals interested in a comprehensive relationship with their financial institution. The firm is the No. 1 bank in the Nashville-Murfreesboro-Franklin MSA, according to 2018 deposit data from the FDIC. Pinnacle earned a place on FORTUNEs 2017 and 2018 lists of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in the U.S., and American Banker recognized Pinnacle as one of Americas Best Banks to Work For six years in a row.
The firm began operations in a single location in downtown Nashville, TN in October 2000 and has since grown to approximately $24.0 billion in assets as of June 30, 2018. As the second-largest bank holding company headquartered in Tennessee, Pinnacle operates in 11 primarily urban markets in Tennessee, the Carolinas and Virginia.
Additional information concerning Pinnacle, which is included in the NASDAQ Financial-100 Index, can be accessed at www.pnfp.com.
Pinnacle Financial Partner
Joe Bass, 615-743-8219