Resin is a hydrocarbon-rich solid or fluid with high viscosity, which is derived from the sap discharge by trees. It is insoluble in water and can be derived from trees, such as pine tree. Pine resin finds its applications in adhesive industry, paper and pulp industry, and printing ink industry. Pine trees grow predominantly in northern hemispherical regions of North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Europe.
The surge in growth of pine chemicals industry in the recent past years, fueled the growth of pine resin market. For instance, according to the Pine Chemicals Association, in 2015, the total global revenues from the pine chemical industry was valued at US$ 10 billion, where North America held a dominant position by accounting for 35% of the total market share
Top Key Players in Pine Resin market: Resin Chemicals Co., Ltd., Wuzhou Pine Chemicals, Foreverest Resources Ltd., Celulose Irani, CV. Indonesia Pinus, Jinggu Forest Chemical Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Hualin Chemical Co. Ltd, and Guilin Songquan Forest Chemical Co.
The scope of the Report:
The report segments the global Pine Resin Market based on application, type, service, technology, and region. Each chapter under this segmentation allows readers to grasp the nitty-gritty of the market. A magnified look at the segment-based analysis is aimed at giving the readers a closer look at the opportunities and threats in the market. It also addresses political scenarios that are expected to impact the market in both small and big ways. The report on the global Pine Resin Market examines changing regulatory scenarios to make accurate projections about potential investments. It also evaluates the risk for new entrants and the intensity of the competitive rivalry.
Besides segmental breakdown, the report is highly structured into region wise study. The regional analysis comprehensively done by the researchers highlights key regions and their dominating countries accounting for substantial revenue share in the Pine Resin market. The study helps understanding how the market will fare in the respective region, while also mentioning the emerging regions growing with a significant CAGR. The following are the regions covered in this report.
- North America [U.S., Canada, Mexico]
- Europe [Germany, UK, France, Italy, Rest of Europe]
- Asia-Pacific [China, India, Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific]
- South America [Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America]
- Middle East & Africa [GCC, North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa]
The surge in growth of pine chemicals industry within the recent past years, fueled the expansion of pine resin market. as an example , consistent with the Pine Chemicals Association, in 2015, the entire global revenues from the pine industry was valued at US$ 10 billion, where North America held a dominant position by accounting for 35% of the entire market share
There is a high competition within the pine resin market, due to high presence of local and international players within the market. The leading players are now that specialize in expanding their market presence by implementing efficient supply chain management and strengthening their online market. as an example , in March 2018, Ingevity Corp., a U.S.-based chemical provider acquired the pine chemicals business of Georgia-Pacific, a worldwide leader in manufacturing of pulp, tissue, packaging related chemicals, with an aim to lower the logistics and procurement costs involved the business.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be fastest growing region pine resin market. The abundance of manpower for resin tapping process and use of biotechnology in pine cultivation has led to an improvement in forest management techniques and development of new tapping technology in the region. The hybrid pine trees, which are result of genetic engineering, has helped in increasing the oleoresin production and its output rate from the trees. For instance, according to the Pine Chemicals Association, in 2015, China emerged as the largest producer of oleoresins in the world and accounted a revenue of US$ 2.5 billion from pine chemicals.
- Players operating in the pine resin market are encouraging use of pine resins as an alternative to the synthetic polymer resins. For instance, in 2018, Baril Coatings, a U.S.-based developer of sustainable paints and coatings, entered into partnership with DSM, a Netherland-based firm, which provides eco-friendly solutions, to develop sustainable paints from pine resins. Furthermore, in 2015, Kraton Performance Polymers, a Houston-based company specializes in production of Styrenic block copolymers (SBCs) and engineered polymers, acquired Arizona Chemical, one of the leading producers of pine chemicals to particularly increase its market presence in in markets adhesives, coatings, and construction industry.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154