Performance Food Group Company (PFG) (NYSE: PFGC) today announced that its Board of Directors authorized a share repurchase program for up to $250 million of the Company’s common stock.
Repurchases of the Companys outstanding common stock will be made in accordance with applicable securities laws and may be made at managements discretion from time to time in the open market, through privately negotiated transactions or otherwise, including pursuant to Rule 10b5-1 trading plans. The Company intends to fund the program with a combination of cash on hand, cash generated from operations and borrowings under the Companys credit facility.
The share repurchase program underscores the confidence the Board of Directors and management team have in our business, our free cash flow performance and our ability to drive long-term profitability while enhancing shareholder value, said Jim Hope, PFGs Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Our financial position provides us with the flexibility to return capital to shareholders, while executing on our growth strategies.
The share repurchase program may be amended, suspended or discontinued at any time at the Companys discretion and does not commit the Company to repurchase shares of its common stock. The actual timing, number and value of the shares to be purchased under the program will be determined by the Company at its discretion and will depend on a number of factors, including the performance of the Company’s stock price, general market and other conditions, applicable legal requirements, and compliance with the terms of the Companys outstanding indebtedness.
About Performance Food Group
Through its family of leading foodservice distributors “ Foodservice and Vistar “ Performance Food Group Company markets and distributes approximately 150,000 food and food-related products from 73 distribution centers to over 150,000 customer locations across the United States. PFGs 15,000+ associates serve a diverse mix of customers, from independent and chain restaurants to schools, business and industry locations, hospitals, vending distributors, office coffee service distributors, big box retailers, and theaters. The Company sources its products from more than 5,000 suppliers and serves as an important partner to its suppliers by providing them access to the Companys broad customer base. For more information, visit www.pfgc.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements related to our expectations regarding the performance of our business, our financial results, our liquidity and capital resources and other non-historical statements. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as outlook, believes, expects, potential, continues, may, will, should, could, seeks, projects, predicts, intends, plans, estimates, anticipates or the negative version of these words or other comparable words.
Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. The following factors, in addition to those discussed under the section entitled Item 1A Risk Factors in the PFGs Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the SEC) on August 16, 2018 as such factors may be updated from time to time in our periodic filings with the SEC, which are accessible on the SECs website at www.sec.gov, could cause actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements:
- competition in our industry is intense, and we may not be able to compete successfully;
- we operate in a low margin industry, which could increase the volatility of our results of operations;
- we may not realize anticipated benefits from our operating cost reduction and productivity improvement efforts;
- our profitability is directly affected by cost inflation or deflation and other factors;
- we do not have long-term contracts with certain of our customers;
- group purchasing organizations may become more active in our industry and increase their efforts to add our customers as members of these organizations;
- changes in eating habits of consumers;
- extreme weather conditions;
- our reliance on third-party suppliers;
- labor relations and costs risks and availability of qualified labor;
- volatility of fuel and other transportation costs;
- inability to adjust cost structure where one or more of our competitors successfully implement lower costs;
- we may be unable to increase our sales in the highest margin portions of our business;
- changes in pricing practices of our suppliers;
- our growth strategy may not achieve the anticipated results;
- risks relating to any future acquisitions;
- environmental, health, and safety costs;
- the risk that we fail to comply with requirements imposed by applicable law or government regulations;
- our reliance on technology and risks associated with disruption or delay in implementation of new technology;
- costs and risks associated with a potential cybersecurity incident or other technology disruption;
- product liability claims relating to the products we distribute and other litigation;
- adverse judgments or settlements;
- negative media exposure and other events that damage our reputation;
- anticipated multiemployer pension related liabilities and contributions to our multiemployer pension plan;
- decrease in earnings from amortization charges associated with future acquisitions;
- impact of uncollectibility of accounts receivable;
- difficult economic conditions affecting consumer confidence;
- departure of key members of senior management;
- risks relating to federal, state, and local tax rules;
- the cost and adequacy of insurance coverage;
- risks relating to our outstanding indebtedness; and
- our ability to maintain an effective system of disclosure controls and internal control over financial reporting.
Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this release and in our filings with the SEC. Any forward-looking statement, including any contained herein, speaks only as of the time of this release and we do not undertake to update or revise them as more information becomes available or to disclose any facts, events, or circumstances after the date of this release that may affect the accuracy of any forward-looking statement, except as required by law.
Performance Food Group Company
VP, Investor Relations
Communications & Engagement Manager