OncLive, the nations leading digital resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to provide the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit„¢ on hematologic malignancies Tuesday, March 12 from 5 to 9 p.m. at the InterContinental Hotel Miami in Miami, Florida. The summit will be chaired by Stephen D. Nimer, M.D., a professor at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and director of the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with hematologic malignancies. Expert presenters will delve into informative topics facing hematology specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as Hodgkins lymphoma, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, multiple myeloma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, benign hematologic disorders, CAR-T, and myelofibrosis/polycythemia vera. The presenters will also engage in a peer-exchange discussion and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit include the following experts from the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer, University of Miami:
- Juan P. Alderuccio, M.D., hematology, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Alvaro Jose Alencar, M.D., assistant professor of clinical medicine, medical director University of Miami Hospital and clinics hematology/oncology inpatient unit
- Terrence J. Bradley, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Jonathan J. Cohen, M.D., hematology, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- James E. Hoffman, M.D., assistant professor of clinical medicine, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
- Lazaros John Lekakis, M.D., associate professor of clinical medicine, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
- Izidore S. Lossos, M.D., professor, director, lymphoma program, head of hematological site disease group, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
- Craig H. Moskowitz, M.D., professor, physician-in-chief, oncology service line, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
- Justin M. Watts, M.D., assistant professor of medicine, University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer
State of the Science Summit„¢ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at [email protected].
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive, Oncology Nursing News and more. MJH Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.
OncLive® Media Contacts
Theresa Burek, 609-250-4331
John Patricolo, 609-325-4630