- Yes Bank and The Economic Times present Global Business Summit comes to the UK with the India-UK Strategic Conclave 2018.
- Thought leaders, policymakers, academics and entrepreneurs will be in attendance to discuss the India-UK relationship and future opportunities.
- Notable speakers and panelists include Sanjeev Gupta, Executive Chairman, GFG Alliance, Rajesh Agrawal, Deputy Mayor (Business) and Bollywood actor, producer and activist Shah Rukh Khan.
The Global Business Summit, a unique platform that convenes top CEOs, government officials and the global elite, arrives in London today with the Economic Times’ India-UK Strategic Conclave 2018.
Taking place at The Dorchester, London, the conclave focuses on the India-UK relationship and future trade and business opportunities that could exist between the two countries.
Launched in 2015, the Global Business Summit is a flagship initiative of the Times Group, India’s largest Media Conglomerate and owner of newspapers including The Economic Times. Presented by Yes Bank and The Economic Times, The Global Business Summit invites a range of thought leaders, policymakers, academics and entrepreneurs to discuss new ideas and actionable solutions to the macroeconomic challenges that exist around the world today.
The theme of the India-UK Conclave 2018 is “New Economy, New Rules”, and will explore India’s rise as a global economic power as well as the development of the UK and India’s strategic partnership, with panels including UK and India’s Future Trading Relationship – Forging Partnership of Prosperity and INDUSTRY Matters – Strengthening sectors of interest and cultural ties to crack potential of India – UK relationship. The forum will also look at the impact of Brexit and what the future holds for the India-UK relationship with panel discussions including Brexit – Can India Help Soften the Blow?
The conclave will feature a diverse selection of speakers and panellists, each of them well respected figures within their fields, including:
- Sanjeev Gupta, Executive Chairman, GFG Alliance
- Baroness Sandip Verma, Member of the House of Lords
- Rinki Dhingra, Senior President and Country Head, Yes Bank
- Rajesh Agrawal, Deputy Mayor (Business), London
- His Excellency Mr. Y.K. Sinha, High Commissioner of India to United Kingdom
- Lord Smith of Kelvin, Chairman, British Business Bank
- Neeraj Kanwar, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Apollo Tyres
- Shah Rukh Khan, Actor, Producer, Activist
- Farhan Akhtar, Actor, Producer, Singer and Songwriter
- Sarosh Zaiwalla, Founder & Senior Partner, Zaiwalla & Co. LLP
- The Right Honorable, Brandon Lewis, MP, Chairman of the Conservative Party
- Claire Perry MP, Minister of State for Energy and Clean Growth
- Vindi Banga, Partner – Clayton Dubilier & Rice; Chairman – Marie Curie; Chairman – Kalle GmbH; Senior Independent Director on the boards of Glaxo Smith Kline and Marks & Spencer Plc.
In addition to the panels, there will be a number of keynote speeches, special addresses, statements and special interactions. A networking lunch will be held to enable delegates to interact and exchange ideas, and a break out roundtable session on Fintech will also take place. The conclave will also play host to figures from the entertainment industry as well, with a special Fireside chat on the Business of Entertainment with A-list Bollywood actor, producer and activist Shah Rukh Khan and an audience interaction with acclaimed actor, producer, singer and songwriter Farhan Akhtar.
Speaking about the conclave, Deepak Lamba, President, Times Strategic Solutions and CEO, World Wide Media said: “I am pleased to be bringing the Global Business Summit to the UK, fittingly with the India-UK Conclave. The UK and India have a very long history, which continues today with strategic partnership and sees the two countries growing closer.
With this conclave, we hope to further foster that relationship, particularly in business and trade as the outlook of the global economy looks increasingly uncertain. We have invited some the best minds and thought leaders from their respective fields to this event ensuring some unique conversations and interactions will take place. I look forward to seeing the solutions, ideas and discussions that will arise from this conclave.”
The India-UK Strategic Conclave 2018 takes place on Tuesday 11th September 2018 at The Dorchester, London.
For more information, please visit www.et-indiaukconclave.com