Four Prospect Medical hospitals in Southern California were recognized with five starsthe highest ratingin 11 clinical areas for 2019, according to Healthgrades. This means that the hospitals actual performance is statistically significantly better than expected in these areas.
The hospitals are Los Angeles Community Hospitals in Los Angeles and Norwalk and Southern California Hospitals in Culver City and Hollywood.
Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at almost 4,500 hospitals nationwide to determine clinical excellence in the most common inpatient procedures and conditions.
Collectively, the hospitals achieved 14 awards, including:
Southern California Hospitals at Culver City and Hollywood Awards:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- Five-Star Recipient for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) for 17 Years in a Row (2003-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries 5 Years in a Row (2015-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Heart Attack Treatment (2015-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Heart Failure Treatment (2015-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
Los Angeles Community Hospitals at LA and Norwalk Awards:
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for GI Medical Treatment 6 Years in a Row (2014-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for GI Bleed Treatment for 7 Years in a Row (2013-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment 6 Years in a Row (2014-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries 6 Years in a Row (2014-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Bowel Obstruction Treatment 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for COPD 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Pneumonia Treatment (2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Sepsis Treatment (2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Respiratory Failure Treatment (2019)
- Five-Star Recipient for Heart Failure Treatment (2019)
Our goal is to provide award-winning, compassionate and accessible care to the four regions we serve, said Don Kreitz, senior vice president of California/Alta Hospitals. This external validation of our high-quality care means we are providing our communities with nationally recognized healthcare.
In addition to the 2019 clinical achievements, the four hospitals are ranked among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety Excellence by Healthgrades for 2018.
Clinical quality varies significantly between hospitals, so its important for consumers to use information about outcomes to assess where to receive care, said Dr. Brad Bowman, Healthgrades chief medical officer. These 5-star ratings showcase the expertise and commitment of these hospitals.
Variation in care has a significant impact on health outcomes. For example, from 2015 through 2017, if all hospitals as a group performed similarly to hospitals receiving 5 stars as a group, then on average 222,210 lives could potentially have been saved and 157,210 in-hospital complications could potentially have been avoided.*
For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for almost 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide to assess hospital performance in 32 common conditions and procedures, and evaluated outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery using all-payer data provided by 15 states and the District of Columbia. The complete Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality/.
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2015 through 2017 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only
.About Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc.
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., a growing healthcare services company, offers a unique and innovative healthcare delivery model, known as Coordinated Regional Care, which emphasizes coordination of care and population health management, with an emphasis on preventive care. CRC helps coordinate quality care for patients through integrated networks of primary and specialty physicians, in affiliation with hospitals, clinics, other community-based providers and health plans. Prospect owns and operates 20 hospitals, as well as over 165 clinics and outpatient centers. Prospect also manages the provision of healthcare services for more than 500,000 members enrolled in its networks of over 11,000 primary care physicians and specialists. Prospects operations are located in diverse areas in California, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Texas. For more information, visit www.pmh.com.
For Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc.
Gary Hopkins, 805-705-2586