Dreamforce 2018 — MuleSoft, provider of the leading platform for building application networks, today announced the next major release of Anypoint Platform„¢, bringing the power of the application network graph to every customer. Just as the social graph revolutionized the way people access information about each other and the world, the application network graph transforms the way companies can access information about their applications and systems. The power of the application network lies in its graph, which contains metadata of the application network, its components and its operational characteristics. Now any company can leverage machine learning, get real-time insights and apply advanced security through the application network graph embedded in Anypoint Platform. With this new release, MuleSoft extends its innovation, transforming how organizations unlock data “ whether in the cloud or on-premises “ to fundamentally increase their speed of change and innovation.
The world is entering the era of the digital economy, where data is digital capital. Organizations need to view data as a strategic asset for creating value and competitive advantage through new offerings, new business models and new relationships, said Maureen Fleming, program vice president, Integration and Process Automation research, IDC. However, very few companies are getting all the value from their data as they should be, as it is locked up in various applications and systems that arent designed to talk to each other. Companies who are truly digitally capable will be able to connect these disparate data sources, pull critical business-level data from these connections, and make informed business decisions in a way that delivers competitive advantage.
Application Networks Pave a New Way for Organizations to Evolve Quickly and Innovate at Scale
Organizations are being required to connect an ever-increasing number of applications, data and devices to create entirely new customer experiences and revenue channels, especially as new competitors enter the market and disrupt existing business models. By building an application network, companies can fundamentally increase their pace of innovation. With instant fine-grained visibility into information across the application network through its graph, organizations gain deeper insights that are otherwise incredibly difficult to obtain in todays enterprises.
As the leading technology provider to the global travel industry, Sabre solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hoteliers to reimagine the business of travel. MuleSoft helps us enhance the traveler experience and increase revenue opportunities for airlines, said Vish Saoji, CTO, Sabre Corporation. Our team is leveraging MuleSofts Anypoint Platform to build an application network that will accelerate the delivery of innovative offerings like the Digital Airline Commercial Platform and more quickly bring end-to-end personalized retailing to consumers. With the application network graph embedded in the latest Anypoint Platform release, well be able to gain new levels of visibility across our application network, allowing us to further scale, speed development, increase operational efficiency and ultimately enable the digital airline of the future.
Organizations Unlock New Levels of Insights from Application Network Graphs
The latest release of Anypoint Platform helps users leverage insights from the application network graph, delivering increased speed of development, actionable visibility and security by design. The application network graph is embedded in three major components of the platform “ Anypoint Design Center, Anypoint Visualizer and Anypoint Monitoring.
Highlights of the Anypoint Platform October 2018 release include:
- Machine learning for data mapping: To automatically provide data mapping recommendations, Anypoint Design Centers flow designer applies machine learning to the mappings from the application network graph. Automapping recommendations dramatically accelerates the speed of development for organizations, providing suggested transformations and allowing users to further tailor them to fit their organizations business processes.
- Automatic holistic view of APIs and integrations: Anypoint Visualizer automatically builds a holistic view of an organizations APIs and integrations using the knowledge from the application network graph. Visualizer is further enhanced with data from Anypoint Monitoring, providing the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly. By segmenting the view by average response time, errors and throughput, users can understand where issues may emerge before they happen and pinpoint the root cause when they do arise.
- Expanded suite of API management policies: As an application network expands, so does the number of users, traffic and access points, which can increase the vulnerability of the network. That is why it is important to apply security at every layer, embedding security into API designs, tokenizing data at rest and in transit, and applying policies on individual APIs and at the edge. With this release, MuleSoft is introducing new API policies into the application network graph that provide additional layers of security and control. These policies can be easily applied with clicks, not code, helping users increase their security posture to prevent breaches, such as DoS attacks.
The new Anypoint Platform release with the application network graph will provide us with even more visibility and insights into integrations in our hybrid environment, so we can deliver more connected experiences to our fans, said Badrinath Ramamoorthy, senior manager, engineering, data platforms, Fanatics. In todays on-demand economy and with increasing customer expectations, its not enough for Fanatics to be just a retailer. MuleSoft is enabling us to be part tech company, part logistics company and part manufacturer, by powering our core supply chain transformation to seamlessly connect orders to our customers and enable us to agilely adapt to changing sports trends. Anypoint Platform allows us to easily integrate complex interactions of critical processes across our systems into an application network to drive a sophisticated e-commerce strategy, so we can meet customer demands faster and enable online-to-offline retail.
Today, the ability to build an application network defines the success of an organization. With the latest release of Anypoint Platform, organizations can now benefit from the application network graph, which allows unprecedented visibility and insights to make impactful decisions on how IT can best operate and scale to support the business, said Mark Dao, chief product officer, MuleSoft. Were excited to continue bringing innovations to our customers, so they can move beyond tactical IT projects and really change the way they operate and accelerate the attainment of their business goals.
Additional Information on the Anypoint Platform October 2018 Release
- Learn more about the latest release of Anypoint Platform: https://www.mulesoft.com/platform/new-product-features
- Attend an upcoming webinar for a deep dive on the new features: www.mulesoft.com/webinars/api/anypoint-platform-release
About Anypoint Platform
MuleSofts Anypoint Platform„¢ is a leading application network platform. It allows organizations to create composite applications that connect apps, data and devices through API-led connectivity to form a flexible application network. Anypoint Platform is a unified, single solution for iPaaS and full lifecycle API management, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Dreamforce 2018 is four days of innovation, inspiration & learning, equality, giving back and fun for the Salesforce Community. More than 10 million viewers will join online and 171,000 Trailblazers are registered to attend in person for the sold out event. Dreamforce will feature 2,700+ sessions to help every role in every industry succeed along with opportunities to get hands on Salesforces latest product innovations. Every year the worlds most innovative minds come to Dreamforce to inspire, excite and motivate attendees. To learn more, please visit: https://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
MuleSofts mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the worlds applications, data and devices. With its API-led approach to connectivity, MuleSofts market-leading Anypoint Platform„¢ empowers over 1,400 organizations in approximately 60 countries to build application networks. By unlocking data across the enterprise with application networks, organizations can easily deliver new revenue channels, increase operational efficiency and create differentiated customer experiences. For more information, visit https://www.mulesoft.com.
Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the global CRM leader, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce, visit: www.salesforce.com.
MuleSoft is a registered trademark of MuleSoft, Inc, a Salesforce company. All other marks are those of respective owners.