American Society of Landscape Architects:
WHAT: The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) 2018 Annual Meeting and EXPO features nationally recognized experts in landscape architecture, climate change design solutions, active living, residential landscapes and more. The annual meeting will feature more than 135 education and field sessions and other specialized tracks. It will also include the EXPOthe largest trade show in the industrywith more than 350 exhibitors offering thousands of new products, services, technology applications and design solutions.
- Laurie Olin, FASLA, Partner, OLIN
- Susan Stamberg, Special Correspondent, National Public Radio
- Ana Pinto da Silva, Principal UX Design Lead, Amazon
- Gregory A. Miller, FASLA, 2017-2018 President of ASLA and President of Morrow Reardon Wilkinson Miller Ltd.
- Maurice Cox, Planning and Development Director, City of Detroit
- Nancy C. Somerville, Hon. ASLA, SITES AP, Executive Vice President and CEO of ASLA
- Richard Rauso, ASLA, President of the Pennsylvania/Delaware ASLA Chapter
WHEN/WHERE: Friday, October 19, to Monday, October 22 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
- Opening General Session, Saturday, October 20, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. ET, Terrace Ballroom
- Second General Session, Sunday, October 21, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. ET, Terrace Ballroom
- EXPO trade show, Saturday and Sunday, October 20-21, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
- ASLA Student and Professional Awards Ceremony, Monday, October 22, 12:00 noon ET
- ASLA Council of Fellows Investiture Dinner, Sunday, October 21, 7 p.m., Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- The Presidents Dinner: Presentation of ASLA Honors and Installation of Officers, Monday, October 22, 7 p.m., Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
To see the complete lineup of events, visit: https://www.aslameeting.com/
Your coverage is welcome and encouraged.
MEDIA: To register for a press pass, contact Karen Grajales at [email protected] or 202-216-2371.
*You will receive your press credentials for the ASLA 2018 Annual Meeting and EXPO at the special services registration desk located in the Broad Street Atrium at the convention center.
The onsite press room, Pennsylvania Convention Center, Room 111B, will be open Friday through Sunday, October 19 – 21, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Monday, October 22, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Join the conversation at #ASLA2018.
About the American Society of Landscape Architects
Founded in 1899, the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) is the professional association for landscape architects in the United States, representing more than 15,000 members. The Societys mission is to advance landscape architecture through advocacy, communication, education and fellowship. Sustainability has been part of ASLAs mission since its founding and is an overarching value that informs all of the Societys programs and operations. ASLA has been a leader in demonstrating the benefits of green infrastructure and resilient development practices through the creation of its own green roof, co-development of the SITES Rating System, and the creation of publicly accessible sustainable design resources.