Intuit Inc. today announced the addition of several entrepreneurs and business leaders including Lisa Ling, Amy Purdy and Simon Enever to the main stage agenda of QuickBooks Connect, scheduled for Nov. 5-7 in San Jose, California. These speakers join an already impactful lineup of main stage speakers, which includes Alex Rodriguez and Mindy Kaling, all of which were selected to inspire and share their entrepreneurial learnings with thousands of small businesses, self-employed, accountants and developers.
Now in its fifth year, QuickBooks Connect is focused on helping entrepreneurs, business owners and those who serve them, such as accountants and developers, realize the potential of their businesses and dreams. In addition to a jam-packed main stage lineup, the conference also features breakout sessions where attendees can dive into tangible lessons and practices that will help them achieve their goals.
Main Stage Additions
New additions to the main stage lineup include:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- Lisa Ling, Journalist, Television Presenter & Author: Lisa Ling joins QuickBooks Connect for the second year in a row as emcee and host to interview speakers and moderate panels. Lisa is currently the host of This Is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN and is also known for being a prolific television producer and author.
- Amy Purdy, Paralympic champion, Best-selling author & Philanthropist: Amy is a professional snowboarder and three-time Paralympic medalist. She is a New York Times best-selling author and founder of Adaptive Action Sports, a non-profit organization that helps those with disabilities get involved in action sports.
- Simon Enever, Founder & CEO, quip: Industrial designer and toothbrush innovator Simon Enever is the CEO and Founder of quip, a Brooklyn based startup focused on disrupting the oral health industry. His vision helped quip become an international sensation and was recently awarded Time magazines product of the year.
Inspiring Breakout Session Speakers
In addition to main stage presentations, QuickBooks Connect will feature breakout sessions throughout the conference, providing actionable learnings attendees can implement. In fact, 97% of past QuickBooks Connect attendees said they walked away from the show with learnings they could immediately apply to their business. This years workshops and breakout sessions are structured to appeal to the individual audiences that attend the conference:
- Small Business and the Self-Employed: Connect with business experts for breakout sessions, group discussions and one-on-one mentoring in topics including financing, legal compliance, digital content, general business advice and more. Leading voices from across the country including Maxie McCoy, Lindsay Williams, Grace Kraaijvanger, Katya Libin, Nathan Christensen, Paco de Leon and Ramon Ray are just a sample of the experts who will coach self-employed and small business attendees.
- Accounting Professionals: Three days of training courses, sessions and workshops await accounting professionals looking to grow their practice, gain insight into new technologies and get actionable learnings to better serve their small business and self-employed clients. Speakers include Mariette Martinez, Hector Garcia and more. Attendees will also be able to earn CPE credits.
- Developers: In-depth sessions will enable developers to build solutions for today and beyond with QuickBooks. Sessions include hands-on tutorials and one-on-one support from the Intuit Developer team that will accelerate app development and aid those interested in publishing apps on the QuickBooks App Store. Additionally, for developers, the Intuit Developer Group is hosting a hackathon scheduled for Nov. 3-4, 2018 at Intuits headquarters in Mountain View, Calif. And finally, Intuit has opened the Small Business App Showdown where finalists will get a chance to pitch their app to a panel of judges at QuickBooks Connect for a chance to win $100,000.*
Main Day Passes are available for $299 and full three-day passes are available for $599. Three-day passes include CPE credits plus access to the special accountant-focused days on Nov. 5 and 7. For additional details and pricing, visit www.quickbooksconnect.com.
Intuits mission is to Power Prosperity Around the World. Our global products and platforms, including TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint and Turbo, are designed to empower consumers, self-employed and small businesses to improve their financial lives, finding them more money with the least amount of work, while giving them complete confidence in their actions and decisions. Our innovative ecosystem of financial management solutions serves approximately 50 million customers worldwide, unleashing the power of many for the prosperity of one. Please visit us for the latest news and in-depth information about Intuit and its brands and find us on social.
*See our Official Rules here: https://intuit.promo.eprize.com/showdown2018/public/fulfillment/rules.pdf.