Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) unveiled a range of innovations at QuickBooks Connect this week to further its vision to be the global trusted platform of choice for developers building apps for small businesses and accounting professionals.
The new tools and experiences showcased at the fifth annual conference include:
- A new developer portal that makes it easier for developers to integrate and launch apps that work seamlessly with QuickBooks Online.
- A redesigned QuickBooks App Store experience, which helps small businesses and accounting professionals find the right app at the right time to personalize QuickBooks to meet the needs of any business.
- New APIs that enable easier integrations for payments, time tracking and employee benefits use cases within QuickBooks.
Our developer community is critical to Intuits mission of solving the most important problems facing small business owners and accounting professionals around the world, said Alex Barnett, director of Intuits Developer Group. The new tools and programs we revealed at QuickBooks Connect this week are part of our continued investment in enabling our developer partners to create thriving and sustainable businesses on our platform.
Passionate About Developer Success
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Intuit Developer Group is committed to making it even easier for developers to build applications that integrate with the QuickBooks platform to help small business succeed. Among the new programs and tools:
A New Developer Portal
The newly redesigned Intuit Developer Portal makes it easier than ever to get started building QuickBooks app integrations. New features for the re-imagined developer portal include:
- An Improved Home Page: Caters to you whether you are new to QuickBooks, an advanced developer, or a marketing professional.
- Easier to Navigate: The content you really need is now even easier to find. Quickly overview documentation to find the most relevant document in the left navigation index. Once you click on a document, glance through its sections using the right navigation. Clicking on the relevant section will browse you to the exact content you need.
- Start Quickly: Get started in 15 minutes with build-your-first-app tutorials in your preferred language – Java, .NET or PHP. If you are new to QuickBooks Online, the accounting concepts feature is a great way to easily learn accounting concepts without the need for enrolling in accounting meetups or classes.
- Sample Gallery: Redesigned developer documentation is about making your developer experience simple and easier for everything – documents and samples. You can easily browse through samples to find the scenario that you need to implement. Sample Gallery is available in 6 languages: Java, .NET, PHP, Python, Node and Ruby.
Reimagined App Store
The QuickBooks App Store is a thriving marketplace with over 600 listed apps for small business and accountants. The new experience:
- Is built mobile first to scale seamlessly and beautifully across mobile devices.
- Includes a substantial design refresh bringing to life a visual design style that is fresh and modern.
- Is focused on easy navigation with an emphasis on app discovery – a bigger, better search; scalable, responsive app categories; curated app collections; a new app details page, and snappy site performance overall.
New Use Cases and More Support the Ecosystem
- New Payroll API Limited Beta Saves Even More Time: The newest APIs for QuickBooks Payroll in limited beta enable third-party time tracking and benefits providers to connect directly to QuickBooks Online to provision deductions, benefits and pensions, and sync employee contributions and time by payroll items to help ensure that company books and benefits statements are aligned. Intuit estimates potential time savings for automated data entry using the APIs could be as high as 3.5 hours per month.
- Target Smarter with the Marketing Concierge: The new marketing concierge service offers consultations to help developers better understand their marketing funnel and optimize Apps card content and marketing outreach to ensure solutions are seen by ideal target customers.
- New Featured Apps in the Accountant Apps Program: The Accountant Apps Program hand picks top-rated apps that allow accounting professionals to easily add, manage and bill apps for their clients directly in QuickBooks Online. New apps include:
- SaasAnt reduces manual entry, allowing users to import, export, and delete file transactions easily and quickly.
- Qvinci automates financial reporting, giving users near real-time access to financial data and business analytics.
- Pay with Bolt enables online payments for invoices by connecting QuickBooks with popular payments providers.
- AutoEntry automates data entry for bills, receipts, sales invoices, bank and card statements and more.
- Plooto Today creates an integrated platform to send and receive business payments.
- Learn with the CPA App Academy: Small businesses depend on their accountants and bookkeepers to recommend apps that integrate with QuickBooks to extend its functionality and meet specific needs. Intuit is helping accounting professionals embrace this trusted advisory role by collaborating with CPA App Academy to offer a 4-part webinar series, Best of QuickBooks Online Apps, designed to help them learn the ins and outs of using apps to solve client needs. Read more about the series at the CPA App Academy website.
Small Business Hackathon and App Showdown
In addition to the innovations unveiled at QuickBooks Connect, the Intuit Developer Group celebrated the developer community with two popular events, the Small Business Hackathon and the annual QuickBooks App Showdown, which awarded more than $100,000 in prizes.
- At QuickBooks Connect, Intuit announced G1VE as the winner of the Small Business App Showdown, a contest that recognizes the best new apps integrating with QuickBooks. The winner of the App Showdown receives a cash prize of $100,000 to help grow their app business.
- Earlier in November at Intuits headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., the Small Business Hackathon welcomed more than 200 entrepreneurs who competed for a $5,000 prize for building an app that helps solve problems for small businesses. This years Hackathon winner was BnB.tax, who won the top prize for developing an app that automates financial feeds directly into QuickBooks Online from home sharing platforms such as AirBnB, Booking.com and HomeAway.
Intuits mission is to Power Prosperity Around the World. Our global products and platforms, including TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint and Turbo, are designed to empower consumers, self-employed and small businesses to improve their financial lives, finding them more money with the least amount of work, while giving them complete confidence in their actions and decisions. Our innovative ecosystem of financial management solutions serves approximately 50 million customers worldwide, unleashing the power of many for the prosperity of one. Please visit us for the latest news and in-depth information about Intuit and its brands and find us on social.