Redwood City, Calif., Oct. 16, 2018 — Talend (NASDAQ: TLND), a global leader in cloud data integration software, today announced the winners of its annual awards program, the Talend Data Masters. The awards celebrate companies that demonstrate vision and leadership in deploying the Talend Data Fabric in compelling ways to help make their businesses more agile, effective and data-driven. The seven Grand Prize winners and five Finalists—representing forward-thinking organizations of all sizes, across a range of industries—were revealed in a ceremony during the annual Talend Connect user conference taking place in London.
“Our cloud and big data customers continue to push the boundaries on how data can be used as a strategic asset,” said Mike Tuchen, CEO, Talend. “The Talend Data Masters winners have embraced innovative technologies to reinvent product and service delivery with the goal of transforming their businesses. We are honored to showcase our customers’ achievements and celebrate their success.”
Data Masters winners are judged using a range of criteria including creativity and innovation, project scope and complexity, designing new cloud and big data use cases, as well as overall business value achieved. This year’s Talend Data Masters recipients include:
Grand Prize Winners
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- Uniper – A global energy enterprise with around 12,000 employees, the company created an Azure cloud-based data analytics platform to integrate over 100 data sources including temperature and IoT sensors, from various external and internal sources. They constructed the full flow of business transactions––spanning market analytics, trading, asset management—while enabling data governance and self-service, resulting in reduced integration costs by 80% and achieving ROI in 6 months.
Moving to the Cloud
- Euronext – Formed from five different European exchanges, the company migrated one of the largest Big Data storage projects in Europe, its 100TB base with 1.5 billion messages per day, to a hybrid AWS cloud, with the goals of achieving compliance with GDPR, enabling self-service for traders and generating new services and revenue.
- Kent State University – With a strategic priority on an exceptional user experience for existing and prospective students, the university is transforming its IT systems to become more agile and responsive, while reducing overall IT costs. Its first major cloud applications are its CRM for an integrated student-to-alumni relationship, and a student information portal for admissions applications.
- AB InBev – The world’s largest brewer extracts data from a vast range of sources that are of varying types, systems and locations, including IoT devices for data discovery to better understand customer tastes, improve store and bar experiences, supply chain optimization, product development and more. Their enterprise data hub resides on Azure cloud.
- Bank Danamon – One of Indonesia’s largest banks is focused on delivering an unparalleled customer experience with its big data analytics cloud platform serving as the foundation of their digital and business transformation. The platform is reducing development and operational costs, managing compliance and enhancing data protection to minimize fraud.
Best Systems Integrator
- Capgemini with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines – With the goal to deliver a personalized experience across the entire customer journey, this partnership delivered an Azure cloud-based Customer Data Platform, ingesting more than 20 data sources from different systems, formats, suppliers and timelines for consumption through analytics, reports and ad hoc data exploration. The vision is to provide a comprehensive view of the customer to be leveraged by corporate and on-board staff to enhance guest interactions and experience.
Best Value-Added Reseller
- Datalytyx for their work with Affinity Water and JD Sports – Affinity Water built an AWS-based cloud data lake leveraging smart meter data and other sources to improve data management, reporting and analytics to better serve their 3.6 million customers and meet regulatory requirements. JD Sports, a retailer of sports fashion, streamlined operations into an integrated warehouse management system, which significantly improved store delivery accuracy and efficiency.
In addition to recognizing the Grand Prize winners above, Talend also selected five companies as Award Finalists based on their innovative use of cloud and big data technologies to lower costs, increase productivity and improve efficiencies. The honored companies are as follows:
- Sabre – Airlines use the company’s applications for planning and strategic operations, including crew schedules, flight paths and aircraft. Customers needed to upgrade badly outdated versions quickly and efficiently. Sabre developed a new direct data transfer to migrate to its latest suite, reducing migration costs by 80 percent, and shortening the time from weeks to hours.
- Otto (GmbH & Co KG) – One of the world’s biggest e-commerce companies wanted to improve its customer experience. The company and its integration partner cimt deployed a microservices-based architecture leveraging real-time big data in the largest cluster in Germany, using continuous integration and delivery methodology on a container platform.
- Bayer Pharmaceutical – To make it faster and easier for researchers to analyze drug development data, the company deployed a microservices-based architecture for its data platform. Having clean, verified traceable clinical data saves development time, accelerates the process of determining proper dosage and drug interactions, and leaves a clear audit trail as per FDA GxP guidelines.
- Tipico – To become a data-driven organization and place data in the center of every process and decision, the company implemented a 50TB modern cloud data platform. Offering real-time, self-service access, and powering AI/Data Science models, this consolidated view greatly improved the customer experience while complying with new GDPR standards. This enabled Tipico to fully leverage its data and automate every routine action with intelligent processing.
- Xing – The leading online business network in German-speaking countries, the company rolled out a new integrated architecture, vastly accelerating file processing while simplifying data integration. Near real-time marketing data analytics now offer rapid insight into campaign effectiveness and support more agile decision-making.
The 2018 Talend Data Masters winners are using the Talend Data Fabric and partner technologies to achieve their digital transformation goals. To learn more about Talend and its complete portfolio of solutions visit www.talend.com.
Talend (Nasdaq: TLND), a leader in cloud integration solutions, liberates data from legacy infrastructure and puts more of the right data to work for your business, faster. Talend Cloud delivers a single platform for data integration across public, private, and hybrid cloud, as well as on-premises environments, and enables greater collaboration between IT and business teams. Combined with an open, native, and extensible architecture for rapidly embracing market innovations, Talend allows you to cost-effectively meet the demands of ever-increasing data volumes, users, and use cases.
Over 1,500 global enterprise customers have chosen Talend to put their data to work including GE, HP Inc., and Domino’s. Talend has been recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry publications including Forbes, InfoWorld, and SD Times. For more information, please visit www.talend.com and follow us on Twitter: @Talend.
Chris Taylor Talend 408-674-1238 [email protected] Alice Borda Talend 650-353-7075 [email protected]