Imanis Data, the enterprise data management company powered by machine learning, today announced expanded data protection and cloud migration support for Microsoft Azure. This announcement builds on Imanis Datas existing support for Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure HDInsight, and Azure Cosmos DB by adding support for Azure Data Lake Storage 2.0 and enhanced support for Hadoop and NoSQL database migrations to Azure.
The Intersection of Big Data and Cloud
Organizations at the intersection of Big Data and Cloud are looking to optimize their data strategy while leveraging the cloud to reduce infrastructure costs and risks. Most of these organizations have deployed multiple Hadoop and NoSQL databases with data that is increasingly business critical. Meanwhile, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure HDInsight, and Azure Cosmos DB are among the fastest growing services on Azure. The result is that all of these organizations need an enterprise data management strategy including data protection to avoid data loss and downtime no matter where data resides, and automated data orchestration enabling them to migrate data across databases and cloud boundaries.
Organizations are struggling with how to accelerate implementation of an enterprise-wide data strategy. They have too many silos of data across their enterprise and theyre unable to easily manage that data across cloud boundaries, said John Mracek, CEO of Imanis Data. Imanis Data, combined with Microsoft Azure, helps eliminate those constraints by providing data protection, so data is always available no matter where it resides, and data orchestration, enabling organizations to migrate data seamlessly across databases as well as on-premises and cloud infrastructures.
Enhanced Data Protection and Cloud Migration
With todays announcement, Imanis Data adds new data protection and data orchestration capabilities, including:
- ˜Any NoSQL to Azure Cosmos DB Cloud Migration “ expanding upon its existing support for MongoDB to Azure Cosmos DB automated cloud migration, Imanis Data will be collaborating with Microsoft to add support for migration from other NoSQL databases to Azure Cosmos DB, with the goal of providing customers a simple, automated, solution for migrating data between multiple NoSQL databases.
- Azure Data Lake Storage 2.0 Data Protection and Migration “ building on existing backup and recovery support for Azure Data Lake Storage 1.0, Imanis Data is adding backup and recovery support for Azure Data Lake Storage 2.0 as well as automated data migration from Azure Data Lake Storage 1.0 to 2.0.
- HDInsight Data Protection and Cloud Migration “ in addition to supporting backup and recovery for HDInsight, Imanis Data will be adding cloud migration support to HDInsight from the latest versions of Cloudera and Hortonworks.
“Helping our customers seamlessly migrate to Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB is a big priority for Microsoft,” said Rimma Nehme, Product Manager, Microsoft Corp. “Imanis Data is a valued partner and their enterprise data management platform supports automated migration of customer’s on-premises or cloud NoSQL databases to Azure Cosmos DB.”
Imanis Data also announced it is working with Microsoft system integrators who are helping customers migrate to the cloud.
TWEET THIS @ImanisData Expands Enterprise Data Management Support for Microsoft Azure #MSIgnite bit.ly/mns-092518 This expands data protection and data-aware #Cloud migration support for key @Azure @cosmosdb @AzureHDInsight @azuredatalake #storage bit.ly/2OqMgf8
Todays announcement builds on Imanis Datas momentum in 2018, including series B funding, rapid enterprise customer adoption, and major product enhancements including:
- Imanis Data SmartPoliciesTM which deliver industry-first autonomous, machine learning-powered backup, taking away the guess work and overhead associated with traditional backup methods.
- Imanis Data ThreatSenseTM Intelligence Augmentation which adds a human feedback loop to machine learning-powered anomaly detection for applications including ransomware prevention.
- Industry-first automated any-point-in-time recovery (APITR) for NoSQL that delivers complete recovery flexibility for multiple NoSQL databases.
More information about this product news can be found at https://bit.ly/2MHdOMb.
Our focus on data protection, data orchestration, and machine-learning powered automation is resonating with our customers, said Peter Smails, CMO, Imanis Data. We provide a unified, data-aware solution for protecting all Hadoop and NoSQL data, and we give organizations the agility to copy, move, and migrate data to whatever database or location they need based upon their business requirements.
- Imanis Data for Microsoft Azure Solution Overview – https://bit.ly/2wWHK0Q
- MongoDB to Azure Cosmos DB Migration – https://bit.ly/2oVTpJO
- Azure Data Lake Storage Data Protection Customer Example – https://bit.ly/2KINwx4
- Imanis Data Microsoft Marketplace – https://bit.ly/2PqInIA
- Join Imanis Data partners – https://bit.ly/2pzS0ZC
About Imanis Data
Imanis Data is the enterprise data management company powered by machine learning. The Imanis Data Management Platform enables customers to harness the full value of their data by delivering solutions that protect their data, as well as orchestrate and automate all their data management tasks. Imanis Data has been named a CRN Emerging Vendor. Imanis Datas customers include leading Fortune 500 businesses in the retail, financial services and technology industries, among others. Backed by Canaan Partners, Intel Capital, Onset Ventures, and Wipro Ventures Imanis Data is located in San Jose, CA. For more information, visit imanisdata.com and follow us on Twitter at @imanisdata.