Hudson Group (NYSE:HUD), a leader in North American travel retail, today announced it has won new business at Indianapolis International Airport (IND), bringing exciting national brands and one-of-a-kind retail concepts to the Hoosier state. The ten-year contract, which is part of the airports concessions refresh program, includes 9 stores and nearly 9,000 incremental square feet to better serve the nearly 9 million people that flow through Indianapolis International Airport each year.
Hudson Group created the winning package with a wide selection of well-known travel convenience, luxury retail and specialty brands including FAO Schwarz, Hudson, Ink, Tech on the Go, Tumi, Vineyard Vines, as well as tailored local concepts, including Hoosier Crossing and Pitstop by Hudson.
Hudson Group is dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences to our passengers, and with the Indianapolis International Airports recent top honors as best airport in North America, we knew that only the most unique and distinguished concepts would make the cut, said Roger Fordyce, Chief Executive Officer of Hudson Group. We are pleased to partner with the Indianapolis Airport Authority to offer our customers a dynamic mix of excitement and world class customer service, while delivering an authentic sense of place that is truly Indiana.
Hudson Groups new store concepts for Indianapolis include:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- Hoosier Crossing: A travel essentials and convenience store which caters to the ever changing needs of todays customer, providing everything the traveler wants based on four clearly defined primary categories “ Media, Essentials, Marketplace & Destination. This concept is inspired by Indianapolis status as the Cross-Roads of America and includes a number of locally-inspired touches.
- Hudson: Hudson is North Americas largest travel essentials and convenience brand designed with customer ease at its core. Designed and color-coded for ease of navigation, Hudson delivers the lifestyle shopping experience preferred by todays traveler. Inspired by the iconic Hudson News brand, store offerings range from books, magazines, snacks and beverages, to travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs and electronics.
- Pitstop by Hudson: The Indianapolis Motor Speedway-inspired travel convenience concept is designed and merchandised to delight shoppers by offering both the essentials they need as well as the treats they want, including Hudson Groups proprietary Travelers Best fresh, grab-and-go food line. The store will reflect the local icon by using sleek auto racing finishes, an oval structure mirroring the track, and signage reminiscent of a back-lit leader board.
- FAO Schwarz: The worlds most famous, iconic toy store that has provided magical experiences for children for over 150 years. A unique and transformative retail experience with signature toys and items, as well as FAO Schweetz delicious treats and sweets.
- Ink: Hudson Groups new contemporary bookstore built around a core offering of books, Ink by Hudson serves as a cultural hub to the airport community and features a curated assortment of bestsellers, small press titles, classics, prizewinners, local favorites, and a unique selection of toys, stationery, fashion, artwork, travel essentials and indulgences.
- Tech on the Go: Tech on the Go is a visual and auditory experiential journey that will satisfy both the technophile and the tech-novice. The space will feature a live-gaming lounge, giving IND visitors the opportunity to play video games while waiting for their flight to depart. The store will play host to leading brand names, including Belkin, House of Marley, Wicked, Monster, Mophie, and so many more.
- Tumi: The worlds leading international business, accessory, and travel lifestyle brand. From overnight escapes to epic journeys, Tumi has just the bag or travel accessory to fit the leisure or business traveler.
- Vineyard Vines: Classic, yet contemporary, Vineyard Vines offers an excellent selection of apparel and accessories for men and women. From day to evening, Vineyard Vines has something for all special occasions and everything in between.
Cond Nast Traveler named Indianapolis International Airport (IND) the Best Airport in the United States for the fifth consecutive year in 2018 as part of its 31st Annual Readers Choice Awards survey, with feedback from nearly half a million travelers. Other top honors include Travel + Leisure Magazines 2018 Worlds Best Awards for top domestic airports, and Airports Council Internationals Best Airport in North America for six consecutive years.
About Hudson Group
Hudson Group (NYSE:HUD), a Dufry Company and one of the largest travel retailers in North America, is committed to enhancing the travel experience for over 300,000 travelers every day in the continental United States and Canada. The Company is anchored by its iconic Hudson, Hudson News and Hudson Bookseller brands and operates over 1,000 duty-paid and duty-free stores in 87 locations, including airports, commuter terminals, hotels and some of the most visited landmarks and tourist destinations in the world. Our wide range of store concepts include travel essentials and convenience stores, bookstores, duty-free shops, branded specialty stores, electronics stores, and quick-service food and beverage outlets. For more information, visit www.hudsongroup.com and www.dufry.com.
About HG IND Retailers JV
HG IND Retailers JV is a partnership between Hudson Group, one of the largest travel retailers in North America, and the certified Airport Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (ACDBE) companies: EnRoute Spa and OHM Concession Group. The ACDBE program is administered by the FAA, state and local ACDBE certifying agencies and individual airports, and it is designed to help ensure that woman and minority owned companies can compete for airport concession opportunities.
VP of Corporate Communications