Horace Mann (NYSE:HMN), guided by its high standards and mission to serve educators across the country, announced the release of its 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility report. The report details Horace Manns impact on the people and the community it serves.
Our mission to serve educators is both a legacy and a responsibility. The commitment and dedication of educators who serve their students and our communities motivates us to think, and act, beyond the day-to-day requirements of running a corporation, said Marita Zuraitis, President and Chief Executive Officer. Our 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility Report discusses how we give back to communities, live up to our high ethical standards, share our knowledge and respect the environment.
- Enhancing environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices. The companys Enterprise Risk Management Committee formally oversees the ESG program, consistent with todays best practices to combine corporate risk and compliance management with supervision of environmental, social and governance programs. The company continues to enhance its ESG practices and expanded its 2017 ESG discussion based on feedback from stakeholders, including a more in-depth view of information protection and policy.
- Respecting the environment. Horace Mann works to reduce its environmental footprint, including reducing waste, energy and paper usage and greenhouse gas emissions. It also continually works to better understand the climate risks directly affecting its insurance products, portfolio of investments and catastrophe reinsurance coverage. Climate change, to the extent it produces rising temperatures and changing weather patterns, could increase property-related risks by causing weather events and wildfires to become more frequent and severe.
- Taking care of customers. In 2017, Horace Mann enhanced customer service by integrating multiple legacy administrative systems into a single, modernized platform to improve the customer experience and lower operating costs. The company also enhanced agent tools and training and added a proprietary education tool to facilitate conversations about wealth and risk management.
- Offering educator solutions. The Horace Mann business model integrates tools, programs and resources to help educators achieve financial success. Its flagship financial wellness programs include Student Loan Solutions, retirement planning and financial success workshops. And through its partnership with DonorsChoose.org, Horace Mann helps ensure teachers get the resources they need to be successful in the classroom.
- Building stronger communities. Horace Mann focuses its community volunteerism and donations on the educational community. Employees and agents devote countless hours to public service. The company recognizes educational excellence by sponsoring local and national awards.
- Celebrating workforce diversity, inclusion and achievement. Horace Mann values workforce diversity and is particularly proud of its strong representation of women at all levels. In addition, Horace Mann encourages professional development, celebrates achievement, and serves employees and their families through competitive benefits and wellness programs.
Learn more about Horace Manns approach to corporate social responsibility in its 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
About Horace Mann
Horace Mann (Horace Mann Educators Corp. (NYSE:HMN)) is the largest financial services company focused on providing Americas educators and school employees with insurance and retirement solutions. Founded by Educators for Educators in 1945, the company is headquartered in Springfield, Illinois. For more information about the company, visit horacemann.com.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Heather J. Wietzel
Public Relations Manager