Herbalife Nutrition (NYSE: HLF), a premier global nutrition company whose purpose is to make the world healthier and happier, announced today that scientific leaders and experts, from its staff of more than 300 scientists and Ph.D.s, Nutrition Advisory Board and Herbalife Nutrition Institute editorial board, will participate at upcoming nutrition and scientific conferences worldwide. Presentations will cover a broad range of nutrition-related topics, including innovations in botanical identification, manufacturing quality control, sustainable development and nutrient-dense meals as part of the solution to the obesity epidemic.
“Our accomplished scientific team has set the gold standard in integrating nutrition science into products while at the same time, informing other industry experts and practices,” said Dr. John Agwunobi, Co-President and Chief Health and Nutrition Officer, Herbalife Nutrition. “Our continued investment in accomplished researchers and innovations further strengthens our purpose to make the world healthier and happier with great nutrition products.
Herbalife Nutrition experts will present at the following events during the remainder of 2018:
- Senior Director of Worldwide Nutrition Education and Training, Susan Bowerman, MS, RD, CSSD, CSOWM, FAND; Senior Manager of Global Product Science & Safety, Research and Development, Simon Sum, DCN, RDN, ACSM-CPT, FAND; Pamela Wu, DPA, RDN; and Ana Cristina Gutierrez, MS, RD will be on hand to talk with other dietitians and scientists attending the event at the Company’s exhibit booth #813.
- Senior Principal Scientist of Botanical Research & Development, Kan He, Ph.D. will give a presentation titled An Overview of Botanical Research and Development at Herbalife Nutrition, a Case Study: Comprehensive Chemical Characterization of Aloe Vera.
- Vice President of Corporate Quality Control, Peter Chang, MBA will give a presentation about the Companys quality program titled Seed to Feed: Ensuring Quality at Every Step.
- Herbalife Nutrition Institutes editorial board member, Harry Greene, MD, will give a presentation titled Meal Replacements Using Protein-Rich Diets for Weight Management.
- Herbalife Nutrition Institutes editorial board member, John Foreyt, Ph.D. will give a keynote speech on policy solutions for the obesity crisis, titled Promoting Good Nutrition Through Behavior Change.
- Senior Director of Global Post-Market Medical Surveillance, Dr. Kristy Appelhans, will give a presentation titled A Framework for Postmarket Signal Detection in Consideration for Complex Botanical Products.
- Senior Analyst of Global Consumer Safety, Joyce Cao, will give a presentation titled A Framework for Analyzing Consumer Health Questions.
- Senior Manager of Government Affairs, Alex Lin, MS, Taiwan and Hong Kong will give a presentation titled Industry Perspectives on Probiotic Product Positions.”
- Herbalife Nutrition Advisory Board member, Marion Flechtner-Mors, Ph.D., will give two presentations titled the Latest Insight into the Use of Meal Replacements to Curb Appetite and Manage Body Weight and Understanding Nutrient Density and the Importance of Balanced Nutrition: A Broad Purpose Behind Meal Replacements and Food Fortification, respectively.
- Quality control analytical scientist, Zhengfei Lu, Ph.D., will give a presentation titled DNA Technologies for Quality Control of Botanicals: An Industry Perspective.
To receive the latest company updates from Herbalife Nutrition, on Twitter follow @HerbalifeNews or visit Herbalife.com.
About Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
Herbalife Nutrition is a global nutrition company whose purpose is to make the world healthier and happier. The Company has been on a mission for nutrition – changing people’s lives with great nutrition products and programs – since 1980. Together with our Herbalife Nutrition independent distributors, we are committed to providing solutions to the worldwide problems of poor nutrition and obesity, an aging population, and skyrocketing public healthcare costs, while supporting the rise in entrepreneurs of all ages. Herbalife Nutrition offers high-quality, science-backed products, most of which are produced in Company-operated facilities, one-on-one coaching with an Herbalife Nutrition independent distributor, and a supportive community approach that inspires customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Herbalife Nutritions targeted nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products are available exclusively to and through its independent distributors in more than 90 countries.
Through its corporate social responsibility efforts, Herbalife Nutrition supports the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation (HNF) and its Casa Herbalife programs to help bring good nutrition to children in need. Herbalife Nutrition is also proud to sponsor more than 190 world-class athletes, teams and events around the globe.
Herbalife Nutrition has approximately 8,300 employees worldwide, and its shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HLF) with net sales of approximately $4.4 billion in 2017. To learn more, visit Herbalife.com or IAmHerbalife.com.
Herbalife Nutrition also encourages investors to visit its investor relations website at ir.herbalife.com as financial and other information is updated and new information is posted.
Gary Kishner, 213-745-0456