The “Global LED Encapsulation Market – Segmented by Encapsulant Type, End-user Industries (Consumer Electronics, Automotive, and Commercial Lighting), and Region – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018-2023)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The LED encapsulation market is expected to register a CAGR of over 13.52% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
The LED encapsulation market is expected to expand with the increase in LED applications across many sectors. The growth of the LED encapsulation market is dependent on the technological advancement of the LED packaging market.
Medium-power & high-power LEDs generate more heat compared to the low-power LEDs used in the consumer electronics. This can be addressed by opting for encapsulant during the LED packaging. Therefore, due to the increasing demand for medium-power and high-power LEDs, the LED Encapsulation market is expected to expand during the forecast period.
The need for a longer life of the LEDs across applications, especially in the automotive sector (automobile forward lighting), provides scope for the encapsulant material manufacturers. The positive prospect of the automotive sector, during the forecast period, therefore, supports the growth of the LED encapsulation market.
With respect to TV display application, the industry is moving from the usage of LED to OLED (Organic Light-emitting diode), which is the latest innovation and is expected to penetrate more into the market. This trend might hinder the volume growth of the LED packaging market and, thus, the encapsulation market.
- Silicone Encapsulant Estimated To Have the Highest Market Share
- Asia-Pacific is Expected to Have Highest Share in LED Encapsulation Market
Major Developments in the Market
- In response to the increased production of leading-edge semiconductor packages in the region, Panasonic announced the launch of the mass production of molded underfill semiconductor encapsulation materials in Shanghai, China. Through this expansion, the company will be able to provide faster and more efficient service for semiconductor packaging customers in China, where the majority of the smartphones are being manufactured.
- Dow Corning Corporation
- H.B. Fuller Company
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Epic Resins
- Cree Inc.
- Osram Licht AG
- NationStar Optoelectronics Co. Ltd.
- Hangzhou Silan Microelectronics Co. Ltd.
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
5. Market Dynamics
6. LED Encapsulation Market Segmentation
7. LED Encapsulation Market Companies
8. LED Encapsulation Market Investment Analysis
9. Future of the LED Encapsulation Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kwh27v/global_led?w=4