(NASDAQ:AMZN)As the leaves begin to change and temperatures drop, Amazon is sharing customer favorites to help shoppers find unique gifts. Whether you are revamping your autumn dcor or getting a head start on the holidays, Amazon Handmade (amazon.com/handmade) offers customers products from Artisans across the United States. Today, half of the items sold on Amazon worldwide are from small and medium-sized businesses.
Like any small business, Artisans are looking for ways to reach customers and share their stories and products outside of their local communities, said Katie Harnetiaux, global head of marketing, Amazon Handmade. Today, there are many choices for Artisans to expand and reach customers beyond their hometown, and they are increasingly choosing to use an online marketplace like Amazon to sell directly to customers worldwide. In fact, Amazon proudly features Handmade Artisans from the U.S. across all 50 states, and offers customers the opportunity to shop local to support these creative and unique small and medium-sized businesses.
Amazon Handmade offers genuinely handcrafted goods from over 15 product categories from local Artisans across all 50 states. Customer favorites from around the country include:
- Bright 90s-style Animal, Fruit Vinyl Stickers from Turtles Soup of Arizona
- Hardwood Tortilla Press from Central Coast Woodworks of California
- Bath Bomb Gift Sets from Relaxcation of Florida
- Personalized Wall Decals, Tumblers, Wood Signs from LucyLews of Idaho
- Personalized Leather Dog Collars from Copper Leaf Leather of Illinois
- Two-Tier Jewelry Display Stand from Kaizen Wood Works of Indiana
- Family Tree Posters, Notebooks from FreshRetroGallery of Minnesota
- Gold Slate Drink Coasters from Renee Redesigns of New York
- Kitchen Herbs Art Prints from Dream Big Printables of North Carolina
- Engraved Wallet Inserts from Red Dot Laser Engraving of Virginia
Selling on Amazon has allowed us to expand our business at a faster pace than imaginable, said Jodi Lewis, founder of LucyLews. Amazon customers make up more than 70% of our business, and because of using services such as Fulfillment by Amazon, we have been able to grow our business from a small town in Idaho and hire several local employees.
To learn more about small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon, visit: aboutamazon.com/smallbusiness.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.