Death Toll Rises to 10 After Drone Strike on Student Dormitory in Luhansk
Details and Reactions to the Luhansk Drone Strike
Incident Overview
May 23 (Reuters) - The death toll from a drone strike on a student dorm in the Russian-controlled Luhansk region of eastern Ukraine has risen to 10 from six, a Russian-installed official said on Saturday.
Russian Response
Russia on Friday accused Ukraine of what it described as a deliberate drone strike in the town of Starobilsk with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday ordering his military to prepare options for retaliation.
Casualties and Missing Persons
Leonid Pasechnik, head of the Russian-installed administration in the region, said that 10 people had been killed, 48 were injured and 11 were still unaccounted for.
Ukrainian Response
Denial of Accusations
Ukraine's military denied the Russian accusations and said it had struck an elite drone command unit in the area. It said that Kyiv complied with international humanitarian law.
Compliance with International Law
Reporting and Editing Credits
(Reporting by Maxim RodionovEditing by Tomasz Janowski)


