Toronto, ON, Oct. 11, 2018 — Credit unions are the best at Customer Service Excellence and Branch Service Excellence; among all financial institutions in Canada. That is the verdict delivered by Canadians through the Ipsos Financial Service Excellence Awards 2018. This marks the 14th year running that Canada’s credit unions have won this accolade. Credit unions were also recognized in the Values My Business category for the 11th consecutive year and for the first time in the Online Banking Excellence category.
This year Canada’s credit unions received nine Ipsos Financial Service Excellence Awards.
“Customer service excellence is at the heart of what credit unions do,” said Martha Durdin, President and CEO, Canadian Credit Union Association. “Credit unions are committed to helping their members, individuals or businesses, achieve financial well being. So each member interaction, in person or remote, is a touch point for service excellence. I would like to congratulate the nearly 30,000 strong credit union workforce in Canada. These awards are a testament to their commitment to providing the best possible service and financial products to our members. On behalf of all credit unions, I want to thank Canadians for putting their trust in their local credit unions and for appreciating our service excellence.”
Canada’s credit unions were recognized in the following categories:
- First for Customer Service Excellence (14th consecutive year);
- First for Branch Service Excellence (14th consecutive year);
- First for Values My Business (11th consecutive year);
- First for Online Banking Excellence (4th consecutive year, First in 2018, tied last three years);
- Winner (tied) for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (6th year)
- Winner (tied) for Mobile Banking Excellence (4th time, 3rd consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Financial Planning and Advice (11th consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) ATM Banking Excellence
- Winner (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence; (6th consecutive year [note: prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012]).
About Canadian Credit Union Association Canadian Credit Union Association is the national trade association for Canada’s credit unions and caisses populaires outside Quebec. These financial institutions offer a full-range of retail banking services to over 5.7 million Canadians. Collectively Canada’s 252 credit unions generate over $6.5 billion in economic impact, are leaders in small business lending, and have assets of over $225 billion. To learn more about the credit union difference and find a credit union near you, visit www.ccua.com. About Ipsos
Ipsos is an independent market research company controlled and managed by research professionals. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos has grown into a worldwide research group with a strong presence in all key markets. Ipsos ranks fourth in the global research industry. With offices in 89 countries, Ipsos delivers insightful expertise across five research specializations: brand, advertising and media; customer loyalty; marketing; public affairs research; and survey management. Ipsos researchers assess market potential and interpret market trends. They develop and build brands. They help clients build long-term relationships with their customers. They test advertising and study audience responses to various media and they measure public opinion around the globe. Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999 and generated global revenues of €1,780.5 million in 2017.
SACHIN DESHPANDE Canadian Credit Union Association 416-232-3458 [email protected]