The video game industry is an ever-changing multibillion dollar industry with augmented and virtual reality the industrys next areas of focus. Oculus and HTC have jockeyed for position atop of the PC-based VR industry for the last two years, trying to create the most immersive VR experiences for consumers. With Oculus edging ahead, a new report from Strategy Analytics Consumer Sentiment Analytics (CSA) group, VR Consumer Sentiment Snapshot: Immersion Satisfaction High Among Oculus Buyers, has examined over 2,100 Oculus Rift consumer reviews to analyze consumer sentiment. Consumer Satisfaction for the Oculus Rift is high.
Key Report Findings
- 80% of consumers rated the device 4-stars or better with a majority of those rating it as a 5-star device.
- Specifically, immersion satisfaction among Oculus owners is also high, with 84% being satisfied.
- Among the key issues with Oculus cited by consumers were the ˜screen-door effect (a picture not scaling correctly), audio not playing properly and headset design not fitting.
Adam Thorwart, Lead Analyst and report author commented, Oculus Rift consumers feel physically and emotionally invested in the experience created by this VR device. Consumers are clearly more than satisfied with the level of immersion provided by the Rift which indicates that PC-based virtual reality has staying power.
Kevin Nolan, VP, UXIP added, The Oculus clearly provides satisfaction. But for PC-based VR to make a greater impact, device manufactures will have to improve hardware designs and work closely with content developers to improve picture quality.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com.
About Consumer Sentiment Analysis (CSA)
Strategy Analytics Consumer Sentiment Analytics service tracks and analyzes customer ratings and feedback on the top selling smartphones. Monthly reports track buyer sentiment for currently active leading devices, while regular strategic analysis reports highlight trends and offer insight on issues such as improving customer satisfaction, NPS etc. For current active top selling smartphones, Consumer Sentiment Analytics reports on a monthly basis:
- Customer Feedback Ratings (current, evolution since product launch)
- Ratings by channel/carrier
- Sentiment rating from feedback posted in past 30 days vs. previous
- Comparison against leading competitors currently active in market
- Comparison against previous generation of product over lifecycle
- Analysis of sources of (dis)satisfaction (battery, price, etc.)
Consumer Sentiment Analytics delivers strategic analysis reports highlighting key insights and trends. Topics are driven by client input and requests. Click here for more information.