Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) will be offering up to fifteen Medicare Advantage health plans in 21 counties in 2019. Medicare-eligible individuals living in 10 of those 21 counties will have at least one new Anthem plan available to them for next year. These 2019 health plans are open for enrollment in this years Medicare annual election period (AEP), which begins October 15 and continues through December 7, 2018.
Anthem strives to develop innovative solutions that aim to make it simpler for consumers to lead healthier lives, said Josh Martin, President of Anthems West Medicare Region. We are excited to expand the reach of our Medicare Advantage plans and enhance our services in 2019 so that more individuals are able to receive healthcare services from care providers in their community.
Individuals eligible for Medicare “ people 65 years and older and those with certain disabilities, chronic conditions, and other special needs “ are able to enroll in the following 2019 Medicare Advantage health plans based on availability in their county of residence:
- Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue Dual Advantage (HMO SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Dual Plus (HMO SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Select (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue ESRD (PPO SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Coordination Plus (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue Extra (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue Access (LPPO)
- Anthem Value Plus (HMO)
- Anthem Diabetes (HMO SNP)
- Anthem Heart (HMO SNP)
- Anthem Breathe (HMO SNP)
- Anthem StartSmart Plus (HMO)
- Anthem Connect Plus (HMO)
- Anthem ESRD (HMO SNP)
Many of the companys Medicare Advantage plans, such as Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO), Anthem MediBlue Select (HMO), Anthem MediBlue Dual Plus (HMO SNP), Anthem StartSmart Plus (HMO), and Anthem Value Plus (HMO), have $0 monthly premiums, offering access to high-quality healthcare services without an additional premium.
These Anthem Medicare Advantage health plans offer a variety of benefits, which may include:
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
- $0 copay annual dental cleaning and allowances for dentures, fillings, and other dental services
- $0 copay annual eye exam and allowances for eyewear
- Up to $3,000 hearing aid benefit or $0 copay for hearing aids
- Up to $300 quarterly allowance for over-the-counter medications and health products
- $0 copay for generic erectile dysfunction medications
- $0 copay for home-delivered meals and in-home support following a hospital discharge
- Transportation services to health-related appointments, such as to a care providers office, pharmacy, or fitness class
- Adult day centers one day per week to assist with activities of daily living
- A pain management program with access to chiropractors, acupuncturists, and message therapists
- The Outreach Support Program, an initiative designed to elevate and treat the clinical issue of senior loneliness
- A personal emergency response system, which gives them the ability to maintain their independence and delay, or possibly eliminate, the need to utilize assisted living services
- LiveHealth Online, a leading telehealth website and app providing consumers with online access to U.S.-based board-certified doctors and licensed therapists
- Membership to SilverSneakers and/or Nifty after Fifty, at no extra cost
- In-network coverage of healthcare services with other participating health plans affiliated with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association when traveling out of state for the Anthem MediBlue Access (LPPO) plan
Individuals eligible for Medicare have a number of health insurance choices so its important that Anthem offers Medicare Advantage plans that deliver the healthcare experience and value consumers are seeking in their health plan. Our portfolio of programs will allow aging seniors to receive services they need to address their specific needs, added Martin.
In addition to Medicare Advantage, Anthem offers standalone prescription drug plans (known as Part D plans) in all California counties for people who enroll in Original Medicare, a government-sponsored program. Both the Medicare Advantage and Part D plans utilize a preferred pharmacy network to help members save costs.
Anthem also provides Medicare Supplement plans to Original Medicare enrollees all across the state. These plans help cover costs Original Medicare does not cover, such as copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles at any doctor or medical facility that accepts Medicare. These Supplement plans are generally paired with a prescription drug plan.
To learn more about which benefits will be available with each 2019 Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, and Medicare Supplement plan, and which plans will be offered in a specific area, consumers can call (855) 866-3957, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, Oct. 1 to March 31. Consumers can also visit the companys online store at https://shop.anthem.com/medicare.
Anthem Blue Cross is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Anthem Blue Cross is an HMO DSNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the California Medicaid program. Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company is an LPPO CSNP plan with a Medicare contract. Anthem Blue Cross is an HMO CSNP plan with a Medicare contract. Anthem Blue Cross is an HMO ISNP plan with a Medicare contract. Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company is an LPPO plan with a Medicare contract. Anthem BC Health Insurance Company is an LPPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Anthem Blue Cross depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. æ³¨æ„ï¼šå¦‚æžæ‚¨ä½¿ç¨ç¹é«ä¸æ–‡ï¼Œæ‚¨å¯ä»¥å…è²»ç²å¾—èªžè¨æ´åŠæå‹ã‚è«‹è‡´é›»1-888-230-7338ï¼ˆTTYï¼š711ï¼‰ã‚ ATENCI“N: Si habla espa±ol, tiene a su disposici³n servicios gratuitos de asistencia ling¼stica. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare. Other providers are available in our network. The provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
About Anthem Blue Cross
Anthem Blue Cross is the trade name of Blue Cross of California. Anthem Blue Cross and Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company are independent licensees of the Blue Cross Association. ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. The Blue Cross name and symbol are registered marks of the Blue Cross Association. Additional information about Anthem Blue Cross and Anthem Blue Cross Life and Health Insurance Company is available at www.anthem.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/anthemBlueCross and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AnthemBlueCrossCA.