Addressing the need for speed, functionality, isolation, and performance in industrial and building automation, energy systems, and mil/aero networks, Analog Devices, Inc. announced today an extension to its transceiver product line for controller area networks with flexible data-rate (CAN FD). The galvanically isolated iCoupler digital isolation ADM3055E IC series not only meets, but greatly exceeds the industry standard of 5 Mbps, offering 12 Mbps performance to support future needs, yet remaining fully backward compatible with existing CAN and CAN FD designs. The reinforced ADM3055E also features a new, low radiated emissions isoPower isolated DC/DC converter as well as enhanced robustness, resulting in easier design-in and faster time-to-market for CAN nodes with full-safety isolation.
- View product pages and download data sheets: http://www.analog.com/ADM3055E, http://www.analog.com/ADM3056E, http://www.analog.com/ADM3050E
- Learn more about ADI CAN transceiver technology and products: http://www.analog.com/iCoupler
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation
With the next-generation CAN FD ADM3055E series, designers can realize increased data rates and longer cable lengths due to low loop delays (150 ns max) and extended common-mode range. An integrated isolated DC/DC converter eliminates the need to provide a separate power source for the isolated bus side. This combination of high level of integration, ease of obtaining emissions and ESD certifications, and the availability of integrated, isolated power allows designers to minimize development cost, PC-board footprint, and overall solution size, while avoiding the limitations of existing isolated products and approaches. Versions with lower isolation ratings will be available soon.
ADM3055E Series Product Highlights:
- EN 55022/CISPR 22 Class B emissions standards on a two-layer PCB
- IEC61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD rating (±8 kV contact / ±15 kV air)
- ±40 V bus fault protection on CAN bus pins
- ±25 V common-mode range.
- 5V logic-side VCC with isolated-side VIO options for 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5.0V supplies
Pricing and Availability
Price Each Per 1,000
About Analog Devices Analog Devices designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com.
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News.
EngineerZone, iCoupler and isoPower are registered trademarks of Analog Devices, Inc.
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADIs monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/analog-dialogue
Analog Devices, Inc.