Littelfuse, Inc. today introduced an expansion of the TPSMB Series of Automotive Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) Diodes that protect sensitive automotive circuitry from a higher level of voltage transients induced by lightning and other transient voltage events.
The latest additions expand the series breakdown voltage range from 7.5V to 550V for unidirectional and 10V to 650V for bidirectional devices. These AEC-Q101 qualified TVS Diodes provide 600W of peak pulse power dissipation in a standard DO-214AA SMB package, one of the most popular form factors for automotive applications. By making it unnecessary to use multiple TVS Diodes in series to provide adequate protection, the expanded TPSMB Series simplifies printed circuit board design and enhances reliability.
Typical applications for the expanded line of TPSMB Series TVS Diodes include:
- IGBT active clamping in HVAC systems
- Convertor/invertor systems for electric vehicles
- Series battery protection in automotive Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- Xenon headlamp ignitors (for bidirectional parts)
- Electronic Control Units (ECUs)
- Automotive sensors
- BCMs/LIN Bus/CAN Bus
- On-board entertainment systems
The high voltage additions to the TPSMB Series of Automotive TVS Diodes offer circuit designers a single-component alternative to using multiple TVS Diodes in series to provide higher levels of transient voltage protection, said Charlie Cai, Global Product Manager, Electronics Business Unit at Littelfuse. Not only does this simplify the design of the printed circuit board, but it enhances the reliability of the design.
TPSMB Series Automotive TVS Diodes offer these key benefits:
- AEC-Q101 qualified Automotive-grade products are well-suited for high reliability applications.
- The series 600W peak pulse power dissipation rating is a popular choice for automotive applications.
- The compact surface-mount package (DO-214AA SMB) allows for efficient use of board space.
- The 7.5V to 650V breakdown voltage range addresses a wide range of automotive design requirements, as well as the protection needs of IGBT active clamping and Xenon head lamp ignitors.
TPSMB Series Automotive TVS Diodes are available in DO-214AA SMB packages in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the TPSMB Series Automotive TVS Diodes product page. For technical questions, please contact: Charlie Cai, Global Product Manager, Automotive TVS Diodes, Electronics Business Unit at Littelfuse, [email protected].
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing. Sold in over 150 countries, our products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics and appliances. Our 12,000 worldwide associates partner with customers to design, manufacture and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener and increasingly connected world “ everywhere, every day. Learn more at Littelfuse.com.
Click to download a high resolution image: TPSMB Series Automotive TVS Diodes