Company Now Protects 300,000 Businesses Worldwide
Webroot, the Smarter Cybersecurity® company, announced 14 percent year-over-year annual recurring revenue growth for the third quarter of its 2018 fiscal year, ending on March 31, 2018. This marks the seventeenth consecutive quarter of double-digit, year-over-year revenue growth for the company.
Webroot’s business segment grew by 27 percent, more than four times the market annual growth rate of 6.6 percent, according to Research and Markets’ Enterprise Endpoint Security Market Forecasts from 2018 to 2023.
In the consumer segment, Webroot grew by 7 percent year over year, which is over 4.5 times the pace of worldwide security spending in the consumer security software segment. According to Gartner’s Forecast: Information Security, Worldwide, 2015-2021, 4Q17 Update report published February 2018 and authored by RuggeroContu et al, that pace is estimated at 1.5 percent CAGR 2016-2021.
Key Q3 2018 Highlights:
- Webroot now serves more than 12,000 managed service providers (MSPs).
- Additionally, the company now protects 300,000 businesses worldwide.
- Webroot expanded its SecureAnywhere DNS Protection solution to include Guest WiFi protection. This service enforces domain-layer security and content filtering to protect users browsing over WiFi from malware, data theft, redirection, and other common DNS-based attacks.
- Webroot appointed Drew Thomas to the role of Vice President, Corporate Development. Thomas is responsible for leading Webroot’s corporate partnership and acquisition strategy, and managing the company’s business intelligence team.
- Webroot and LogRhythm released a new fulfillment option for LogRhythm next-gen SIEM customers, allowing LogRhythm customers to quickly enhance their SIEM with real-time Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence for comprehensive threat visibility and next generation security analytics.
- Pax8, the leading value-added cloud distributor, announced a partnership with Webroot to offer Webroot SecureAnywhere® Business Endpoint Protection, SecureAnywhere® DNS Protection, and Webroot® Security Awareness Training.
Cybersecurity Research Findings
- Webroot revealed the results from the 2018 edition of its annual threat report, which demonstrated cyber criminals are constantly trying new ways to circumvent established defenses. The report found that attacks such as cryptojacking are gaining traction, with more than 5,000 websites compromised since September 2017. Additionally, the report found that Windows 10 is almost twice as safe as Windows 7.
- In response to the massive data breaches that continue to affect millions of Americans, the company surveyed more than 2,000 US-based home users about their cybersecurity knowledge and practices. The survey revealed that while users of all ages are well aware of some risks, such as not clicking links in messages from unknown senders, there are still gaps in their awareness, mostly around ransomware.
- Webroot was recognised as a “Trail Blazer” in the Radicati Group’s APT Protection Market Quadrant Report, 2018. The report identifies the development of strategy and technology in regard to the detection, prevention, and possible remediation of zero-day threats and persistent malicious attacks.
- CRN, a brand of The Channel Company, named Charlie Tomeo, VP of worldwide business sales at Webroot, to its list of 2018 Channel Chiefs, as well as being ranked among the top 50 most influential channel chiefs in the industry.
- Webroot was named a strategic vendor at the 2018 Continuum European Partner Day for being the leader in security over the past year.
Mike Potts, CEO of Webroot
“Quarter after quarter, we continue to deliver innovation and profitable growth. In particular, we are building strong momentum in the SMB and MSP market with integrated solutions that protect endpoints and networks. We are also delivering security awareness training solutions that help our SMB customers take a more proactive approach to cyber threats keeping their employees and businesses safe. Through our persistent focus on customer needs and solid business execution, we expect continued strong performance.”