- Francis Repka is appointed Chief Country Officer for SocieteGenerale in Canada effective May 1, 2018* reporting to Slawomir Krupa, CEO, SG Americas.
He is replacing Pierre Matuszewski, an executive for SocieteGenerale in Canada for the past 20 years, nine of which as Country manager. Mr. Matuszewski is retiring from the Bank.
Mr. Repka was previously Chief Country Officer for Brazil, a position he had held since May 2012. Prior to that, he was Chief Country Officer for SocieteGenerale Corporate & Investment Banking in Germany. He has also held positions with the Bank in Hong Kong and Paris.
- Luis Sainz is appointed Chief Country Officer for Brazil, replacing Francis Repka in this role effective August 1, 2018*. In the interim, Brazil COO Vincent Chardot will assume the role of acting Chief Country Officer for Brazil.
Mr. Sainz was previously Country Head for SocieteGenerale in Mexico, a position he has held since October 2010. He first joined SocieteGenerale as part of the Corporate Finance team in Dallas, Texas and has also worked with the Bank in New York and Paris. He will report directly to Slawomir Krupa.
- Jose Antonio Merigo, who has been with SocieteGenerale in Mexico since 2014, is replacing Mr. Sainz as Country Head for SocieteGenerale in Mexico effective July 1, 2018. Mr. Merigo will report to Guido van Hauwermeiren, Head of Coverage and Investment Banking, Americas.
* Subject to necessary approvals from the respective immigration offices and local regulators
Francis Repka joined SocieteGenerale Corporate & Investment Banking in 1986 focusing on trading options and derivatives as a member of the interest rate products team. From 1989 to 1993, he was Head of the Structured Products Group and was responsible for setting up the group to develop tailor-made and client driven solutions. In 1993, he was appointed Head of Global Fixed Income, Emerging Markets for SocieteGenerale Corporate & Investment Banking and from 2001 to 2008, he was based in Hong Kong where he was responsible for treasury, fixed income, currencies and commodities derivatives in Asia. Mr. Repka was named Chief Country Officer for SocieteGenerale Corporate & Investment Banking in Germany in 2008 and was appointed Group Chief Country Officer for Brazil in 2012. Prior to joining SocieteGenerale, he was a Commercial Attaché to the French Embassy in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia from 1983 to 1985. He was Associate Professor at Paris IX University from 1986 until 1993.
Luis Sainz first joined SocieteGenerale in 1996 as part of the Corporate Finance team in Dallas, Texas and in 1998 moved to the New York office. He left SocieteGenerale in 2000 and moved to Chicago to create and run CommonStream, a B2B company that developed purchasing/sourcing solutions through an electronic marketplace for municipalities in charge of water treatment services across the U.S. Mr. Sainz rejoined SocieteGenerale in 2001 as a member of the European Leverage Finance team based in Paris where he spent three years as a Managing Director in charge of larger LBO financings and restructurings. He was named Country Head for SocieteGeneraleinMexico in 2010.
Jose AntoinioMerigo joined SocieteGenerale in 2014 in Mexico. Prior to joining SocieteGenerale, he worked for eight years at Barclays Capital Mexico as Director of Investment Banking responsible for launching the bank’s local investment banking effort, covering Corporations, Financial Institutions and government entities. Prior to joining Barclays, Mr. Merigo was Managing Director & Head of the Corporate Banking Division of Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico. Previously, he held several senior positions in firms such as TD Securities, Bank of America and Ixe Grupo Financiero.
SocieteGenerale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy.
Active in the real economy for over 150 years, with a solid position in Europe and connected to the rest of the world, SocieteGenerale has over 147,000 members of staff in 67 countries and supports on a daily basis 31 million individual clients, businesses and institutional investors around the world by offering a wide range of advisory services and tailored financial solutions. The Group is built on three complementary core businesses:
- French Retail Banking, which encompasses the SocieteGenerale, Crédit du Nord and Boursorama brands. Each offers a full range of financial services with omnichannel products at the cutting edge of digital innovation;
- International Retail Banking, Insurance and Financial Services to Corporates, with networks in Africa, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe and specialised businesses that are leaders in their markets;
- Global Banking and Investor Solutions, which offers recognised expertise, key international locations and integrated solutions.
SocieteGenerale is included in the principal socially responsible investment indices: DJSI (World and Europe), FTSE4Good (Global and Europe), Euronext Vigeo (World, Europe and Eurozone), four of the STOXX ESG Leaders indices, and the MSCI Low Carbon Leaders Index.