The global chitosan market is growing at a steady pace owing to the increasing application of chitosan in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, and tuberculosis. As per a study by Future Market Insights (FMI), the market has registered a CAGR of over 12.1% during 2016-2020 and is likely to exhibit a CAGR of over 14.3% during the forecast period 2021 to 2031.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 10 million new cases of tuberculosis were recorded in 2019 and over 1.4 million people died because of the disease across the globe. Several studies have shown that the use of chitosan-based products assists in the cure of tuberculosis. Considering this, the demand for chitosan is expected to grow in the coming years.
Chitosan helps in the treatment of obesity and weight management resulting in increasing demand from the dietary supplements segment. The segment is dominating the chitosan market and is expected to account for over 35% of the market share by 2021 resulting in propelling the growth of chitosan market.
Asia-Pacific dominated the global chitosan market with the largest market share in 2019, owing to the availability of crustacean waste and the rapid development of end-use industries in China, Japan, South Korea, and India.
“Leading market players are investing in R&D for launching new products to cater to the increasing demand from dietary supplement and organic cosmetic application segment. Besides this, some of the market players are emphasizing on expanding their manufacturing facilities globally to strengthen their market presence,” says the FMI analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-11443
- Japan is leading the global chitosan market and is estimated to reach a valuation of over US$ 1.09 billion by the year 2031.
- The U.S. is dominating the chitosan market in North America and is anticipated to hold over 80% of the market share in the region.
- Owing to the surging demand for natural ingredients in personal care and cosmetics products, Germany is likely to account for over 21% of the market share in Europe.
- Due to the high consumption of natural dietary supplements, India is projected to hold the market share of around 45% in the South Asia market through 2021.
- Based on form, the powder chitosan is anticipated to dominate the segment with around 88% of the global chitosan market in 2021.
- Increasing prevalence of infectious diseases is expected to boost the demand for chitosan-based products.
- Growing food additives application is spurring the growth of the chitosan market.
- Rising demand for organic personal care and cosmetics products will bolster the growth of the market.
- Increasing incidence of obesity and overweight will create growth opportunities for the market.
- High production cost is restraining the growth of the chitosan market.
- The lengthy and time-consuming process for manufacturing chitosan might hamper the market growth.
- Lack of raw material is a factor negatively affecting the growth of the chitosan market.
Discover more about the chitosan market with figures and data tables, along with the table of contents. You will also find detailed market segmentation on https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/11443
Companies operating in the chitosan market are focusing on expanding their product portfolio by developing a wide range of chitosan-based products according to the application of the end-use industries. For instance,
- Axio Biosolutions launched its new product named, MaxioCel, a next-generation wound care dressing chitosan-based product in 2019.
- Friesland foods kievit, a Germany-based company, has created a new encapsulating technology to increasing the use of chitosan as a natural product. Friesland foods kievit has established a distinct business organization named, Kievit Ventures.
Leading players profiled by FMI operating in chitosan market include:
- Agratech (KYTOSAN USA, LLC)
- Austanz Chitin Pty Ltd.
- CarboMer, Inc.
- Golden-Shell Pharamceuticals Co. Ltd
- Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH
- KIMICA Corporation
- Kitozyme, LLC
- Kraeber & Co. GmbH
- Meron Group
- Qingdao Haijia Biology and Technology Co. Ltd
- Tidal Vision Inc.
- Marshall Marine Products
- Zhejiang Aoxing Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
More Insights on FMI’s Chitosan Market
The latest market study on global chitosan market by Future Market Insights gives a detailed segmentation for the forecast period of 2021-2031. In order to gain a better perspective of the global market potential, its growth, trends, and opportunities, the market is segmented
- By Form:
- By Source:
- By End Use:
- Food Additive
- Dietary Supplements
- Crohn’s Disease
- Dental Cavities
- Weight Loss
- Sports Nutrition
- Immune & Digestive Health
- Bone & Joint Health
- Heart Health
- Other Specific Requirements
- Hair Care
- Nail Care
- Skin Care
- By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Get Access to Research Methodology Prepared by Experts https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-11443
Explore FMI’s Extensive Coverage on Food and Beverage Domain
- Plant-based shrimp market: The global plant-based shrimp market report by FMI gives an in-depth insight on the future expansion prospects, trends and challenges that market is likely to face in the upcoming decade. Key statistics regarding key segments have been presented across prominent geographies, along with a detailed assessment of the market’s competitive landscape.
- Plant-based fish market: Future Market Insights gives a detailed segmentation on the global plant-based fish market with upcoming market trends, challenges and future growth dynamics across key geographies and prominent segments. The report provides a holistic approach, mapping the competitive landscape with detailed analysis on established players, new entrants, and opportunities likely to prevail across the 2021-2031 decade.
- Fish protein market: The fish protein market study published by FMI offers a comprehensive analysis and focused views on major trends expected to provide shape to future growth prospects. The report provides detailed analysis of the significant drivers, trends, challenges and opportunities prevailing for the forth coming decade across key geographies along with competitive landscape of the upcoming decade.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S., and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Future Market Insights,
1602-6 Jumeirah Bay X2 Tower,
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media Enquiries: email@example.com
Press Release Source: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/press-release/chitosan-market
SOURCE Future Market Insights