- IW Capital’s new debt arm cements the company’s position as the primary debt and equity provider to facilitate SME investment in the UK
- An independent nationally representative survey of 2,000 UK adults found that 30% of Brits are looking to alternative finance in the coming 12 months amid record low interest rates
- Almost two fifths (38%) of respondents aged 18-34 are factoring alternative finance into their plans for the year ahead, showing a strong demand among the next generation of investors for SME investment opportunities
- IW Capital has launched a new debt-based investment offering to complement its existing private equity investments, giving Britain’s investors the chance to capitalise on the rapidly-growing alternative finance market and support the nation’s high-growth businesses
- Two expert credit analysts have joined the IW Capital team to help source and facilitate debt investment into tier 1 credit-rated SMEs
To complement its delivery of equity investment into British SMEs and meet future investor demand, private equity firm IW Capital has launched a new service facilitating private debt-based investment into scale-up companies across the UK. Renowned for raising over £100 million in growth capital to support the transformation of companies such as WeSwap, BorrowMyDoggy, Square Pie and Brewhouse & Kitchen into market leading brands, IW Capital expansion into the debt arena will generate a new wave of exciting investment opportunities into British SMEs.
Amid record low interest rates and Britain’s forthcoming withdrawal from the European Union, research by IW Capital has revealed that 30% of UK investors are looking to alternative finance schemes that support British SMEs in the coming 12 months. With the alternative finance industry expanding by 84% last year – reaching £3.2 billion of activity – investor appetite for business investment is clearly growing. British investor sentiment towards the nation’s bustling community of SMEs has been resoundingly positive, particularly in the months following the Brexit announcement – a previous IW Capital survey of 2,000 adults found that 52% would consider supporting the UK’s SMEs through private investment despite uncertainty in the wake of the Brexit announcement.
As part of this launch, IW Capital has bolstered its team with experienced credit analysts to source the best debt-investment opportunities in established and profitable businesses. This latest arm of IW Capital ensures SME investors are able to develop a tailored investment strategy spanning across debt and equity.
Luke Davis, CEO of IW Capital, said: “Over the past year, investors are clearly starting to act on their positive sentiment towards British businesses by turning to alternative investment schemes. That’s part of the reason why we have seen an explosion in exciting, young and dynamic companies with immense growth potential across the UK. Equity investment has always been tailored towards specific companies, and with investor sentiment growing, it seemed natural for us to expand our services into the debt space and offer investors access to new opportunities.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
“But this isn’t all about investors; it’s about providing as much financial support for our inspiring business community so that they can overcome financial barriers inhibiting their growth. We have some fantastic opportunities lined up, and I look forward to revealing them shortly.”