False start with one DRaaS vendor drove Muhlenkamp to seek the transparency, reliability and ease-of-use of iland’s service
A family owned and operated business, Muhlenkamp specialises in personalised investment management, delivering expert investment advice and services to clients across the United States. The resilience of its IT infrastructure is critical, both to ensuring optimal client services and achieving industry compliance. After an unsuccessful implementation with another disaster recovery vendor, Muhlenkamp turned to iland’sDRaaS with Zerto to secure the reliability, visibility, ease of testing and cost efficiency needed to overcome its business continuity and compliance challenges.
“While Disaster Recovery is one of my IT priorities, I don’t have the time to constantly monitor and manage a DR solution,” said Rich Dean, operations and IT manager at Muhlenkamp. “The iland DR solution provides the ease of testing, visibility and cost effectiveness that we need. The biggest thing, though, is that I don’t have to worry about it – I know that ilandDRaaS is working in the background, protecting our business.”
Gartner Inc. recently named iland a Leader in the 2016 “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” for its ability to execute and completeness of vision. According to the report, “In recent years, IT disaster recovery as a whole and DRaaS specifically have gained momentum for small and midsize organisations due to improved affordability and functionality. Gartner estimates the DRaaS market will nearly triple in the next three years to a revenue point of $3.4 billion by 2019.”
Leveraging ilandDRaaS with Zerto, Muhlenkamp has been able to:
- Easily test and prove industry compliance: As a financial services company subject to industry and government regulations, Muhlenkamp must be able to show auditors it has a reliable disaster recovery solution in place. Iland’sDRaaS greatly simplifies this process, enabling the Muhlenkamp team to successfully perform on-demand, non-intrusive disaster recovery testing and reporting via the iland management console. The capabilities eliminate the trouble-shooting and manual processes that were required with Muhlenkamp’s previous DR vendor.
- Reduce Recovery Point Objectives from hours to seconds: Muhlenkamp now achieves Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) of less than a minute – a drastic improvement over the previous best case scenario of six hours.
- Rapidly implement a DR solution: The Muhlenkamp team found the installation and setup to be simple and fast. The fully functioning replication system was ready and operational less than an hour after initial implementation.
- Satisfy security requirements: In the event of a failover, the security native to iland’sDRaaS offering helps to protect Muhlenkamp against IT threats. Features include role-based access control, two-factor authentication, available VM encryption, vulnerability scanning and SSL-VPN.
- Meet budget requirements: Muhlenkamp minimises costs with iland’s simple, flexible pricing model. The company only pays for compute resources when it requires a failover.
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to: