Network Infrastructure Optimises Performance and Increases Efficiency for the World’s Largest Multilateral Borrower and Lender
In the dynamic financial market, the need for an always-on, secure and high quality wired and wireless network is critical to run operations efficiently, especially across multiple locations.To support the continued growth of the world’s largest multilateral borrower and lender, Extreme Networks (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced that European Investment Bank (EIB) selected Extreme’s software-driven end-to-end networking technology to provide a resilient scalable network across its 40 worldwide offices. Extreme’s easy-to-manage, secure and highly available network is mission critical in enabling EIB to effectively manage and expand its business operations worldwide.
Throughout the 20-year long partnership, Extreme has provided network solutions for EIB’s growing 4,000 public and private network users and 15,000 devices. The recently deployed high performance Gigabit Ethernet and high-density Wi-Fi from Extreme allows its IT department to manage the entire network infrastructure through a single pane of glass. As a result, EIB has significantly reduced IT and operational costs, improved security and created a seamless user-experience that can easily be scaled as the number of personnel and devices increases.
- Full Product Portfolio of End-to-End Solutions –ExtremeMangagement™, ExtremeControl™, ExtremeAnalytics™, Extreme C-Series™, Extreme K-Series™, Extreme S-Series™, Extreme N-Series™ and ExtremeWireless™ deliver uninterrupted, unified service across all office locations at EIB.
- Scalable Growth – With ExtremeManagement, network access control across all sites is consolidated to a single pane of glass, resulting in a high-quality user experience and reduced time and operating costs. Managing the network through a single pane of glass has kept the number of EIB’s IT staff consistent, despite the fact its physical offices and the number of devices on the network have grown threefold.
- Personalized Network Access – Through ExtremeControl, EIB’s IT department gains personalised access to network services and applications by profiles.
- Secure, Visible Network – ExtremeAnalytics provides application-level visibility and allows EIB to monitor performance across the physical and virtual network for business intelligence and rapid problem resolution. Security improvements across both the wired and wireless infrastructure create separate networks for staff and visitors, while ensuring visibility to detect and identify threats early.
Kamal Ismail, Extreme Networks Country Manager Luxembourg
“We pride ourselves on delivering superior technology combined with outstanding customer service. This is why we have ensured that the European Investment Bank team has direct in-country access to Extreme Network’s senior personnel. This close working relationship ensures the EIB leverages the latest technology and benefits from best-in-class network infrastructure solutions.”
RujoiuRazvan, Head of Datacenter and Network Services Unit, European Investment Bank
“One of the biggest benefits of our long standing relationship is the fact that Extreme Networks is a trusted business partner. Uniquely, the design, deployment and management of the solution is managed by Extreme Networks directly, a service that ensures continuous optimisation, increases efficiency, reduces risk and ensures the highest quality standards for EIB.”
- European Investment Bank Case Study
- ExtremeManagement™ Product Page
- ExtremeControl™ Product Page
- Extreme Analytics™ Product Page
- Extreme C-Series™Product Page
- Extreme K-Series™Product Page
- Extreme S-Series™Product Page
- Extreme N-Series™ Product Page
- ExtremeWireless™ Product Page
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Forward Looking Statements:
Statements in this release, including those concerning the Company’s partnership with European Investment Bank, and the ability to deliver reliable, high-density Wi-Fi, and the ability to measure network activity in areas of critical business functions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: the effectiveness of our solutions as compared with our customers’ needs; a highly competitive business environment for network switching and software equipment; the possibility that we might experience delays in the development or introduction of new technology and products; customer response to our new technology and products; and a dependency on third parties for certain components and for the manufacturing of our products.
More information about potential factors that could affect the Company’s business and financial results is included in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” and “Risk Factors”. Except as required under the U.S. federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Extreme Networks disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, developments, changes in assumptions or otherwise.