- Automotive video expert CitNOW launches roadshow-style workshop training
- Workshops increase video output by 26% and customer satisfaction by 16%
- Swansway Garages is latest group to make use of CitNOW Roadshow
- CitNOW Academy embarks on national training ‘tour’
Dealer workshops could benefit from a boost in customer satisfaction ratings of nearly a fifth by making sure that workshop staff are trained properly to use digital tools, according to CitNOW.
The video technology provider has revealed that a training roadshow provided by its CitNOW Academy programme, which tutored 735 staff from one major OEM’s network of 177 retailers on how to use video to communicate with customers delivered a 16% leap in average customer satisfaction scores over eight months.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) says that the UK automotive industry could generate a £74 billion boost over the next 20 years by fully embracing digitisation.
CitNOW’s Academy delivers its Roadshow in a customer’s workshop from a fully equipped van, complete with television screens, enabling technicians and service advisors to use video in their usual work environment with a focus on Best Practice, quality and consistency of content.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Swansway Garages is the latest dealer group to invite the CitNOW Academy Roadshow to train its workshop staff. The group’s training programme was run throughout January, with approximately 200 technicians and service advisors in attendance.
Duncan Sands, group after-sales director at Swansway Garages commented: “Introducing video was an extremely positive step for the business, but the next stage was to ensure consistency and quality across all teams at all sites. We also needed to re-energise the entire Health Check process”.
“The CitNOW Roadshow is a high-energy, hands-on training event, crucially with minimal workshop downtime. We’ve already seen a tangible uplift in customer comments on the videos we’re producing, which is extremely positive.”
Alistair Horsburgh, CEO at CitNOW, said: “Digital tools like video are changing the mindsets of consumers and the next stage in capturing the customer’s imagination and loyalty is to consider not which tools we use but how we use them.
“CitNOW is committed to supporting the industry in this important transition, and we will continue to work with manufacturers and retailers to ensure that the staff they employ at the coalface are technically literate and competent in maximising the tools they have at their disposal.”
CitNOW will also be offering a series of free ‘CitNOW Masterclass’ sales and workshop training sessions across the country. The full list of dates and locations is below:
- April 12th (Sales) and 13th (Workshop) – Lancashire County Cricket Ground, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 OPX
- May 10th (Sales) and 11th (Workshop) – Brooklands Museum, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QN
- June 14th (Sales) and 15th (Workshop) – Rockingham Motor Speedway, Mitchell Road, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 5AF
- October 17th (Sales) and 18th (Workshop) – Lancashire County Cricket Ground, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 OPX
- December 12th (Sales) and 13th (Workshop) – Brooklands Museum, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QN
Workshops can register here:http://www.citnow.co.uk/citnow/events/aftersales-events
Retailers can register here: http://www.citnow.co.uk/citnow/events/sales-events/