WEX Inc., an award-winning healthcare financial technology platform provider, further solidified its leadership position in 2018 in terms of growth and services.
While the healthcare benefits administration industry is ever-changing, one thing remains constant: our commitment to investing in technology and investing in our partners to help them grow and succeed, said Jeff Young, president, Health, WEX. Our continued incredible success reflects our partners hard work, dedication, and determination to deliver on our shared mission to simplify the business of healthcare.
Specifically in 2018:
- The Companys partner ecosystem now connects it to more than 343,000 employers, ultimately helping it serve more than 28 million consumers across the United States and Canada.
- Product releases delivered more than 310 key enhancements, extending WEX Healths leadership position. The business intelligence capabilities introduced within WEX Health Cloud enable partners to make better and more informed decisions, all via one award-winning platform that delivers an end-to-end solution for consumer-driven healthcare and wellness accounts.
- WEX Health continues building key relationships with industry-leading, third-party administrators, health plans, financial institutions, benefit administration partners, and payroll providers. In 2018, WEX Health had another strong year of new additions and renewed partners to the WEX Health partner ecosystem, including Admin America, Administrative Solutions, Inc. (ASi), Alerus, Caprock HealthPlans, Consumer Choice Plans, Consumer Driven Administrators, 24HourFlex, Varipro, and Voya Financial.
- Growth continues across all categories of employers choosing WEX Health Cloud as their technology platform for administering healthcare benefit accounts.
- The WEX Health Cloud Mobile App continues its strong performance with transactions doubling year over year. The Mobile App is a leader in innovation, value, and technology in the market.
- WEXs Health Division continues to capitalize on the momentum of the healthcare savings account (HSA) market with growth of accounts and assets, with more than five million HSA accounts on WEX Health Cloud, more than any other platform in the country.
- WEXs Health Division executives shared thought leadership, insight, and expertise by speaking at industry conferences and by being featured in the national news and industry trades. This resulted in a total of 108 million media impressions for 2018 and included coverage in: The New York Times, U.S. News & World Report, TheStreet, and PaymentsSource. WEX Health’s announcements and press releases were featured in national and regional outlets, such as Beckers Hospital Review, HR.com, HR Daily Advisor, and InformationWeek.
WEX Health Partners will gather at WEX SPARK Health 2019, formerly Partner Conference, May 6 through May 8 in Miami Beach, Florida. The event, on pace to achieve record-breaking attendance, will feature Mel Robbins, one of the most sought-after motivational speakers in the world. The event pillarsnetwork, learn, grow, and strategizeare the guiding principles in what will be offered and hosted at SPARK 2019. Sales, marketing, and leadership skills concurrent sessions as well as innovative product-specific updates will provide partners the insight and information they need to move their businesses forward. Partners will gain invaluable networking time with partner peers, industry experts, and WEX Health senior leaders. Learn more.
About WEX Powered by the belief that complex payment systems can be made simple, WEX (NYSE: WEX) is a leading financial technology service provider across a wide spectrum of sectors, including fleet, travel and healthcare. WEX operates in more than 10 countries and in more than 20 currencies through more than 3,500 associates around the world. WEX fleet cards offer 11.5 million vehicles exceptional payment security and control; purchase volume in its travel and corporate solutions grew to $30.3 billion in 2017; and the WEX Health financial technology platform helps 300,000 employers and more than 25 million consumers better manage healthcare expenses. For more information, visit www.wexinc.com.
Tiffany Wirth, 701-461-6473