The 15 Under 35 Awards today opened for nominations, said the New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA-NY), the premier organization serving communications and public relations professionals in the New York metropolitan area.
Individuals can nominate clients or colleagues on the Chapters website. Self-nominations are permitted and encouraged.
Created in 2016 by PRSA-NY, the 15 Under 35 Awards identify and honor the industrys foremost rising talent in communications, ages 35 and under, who practice in the New York metropolitan area. It is open to all professionals who meet the age criteria, have at least five years of experience in the profession, and actively work in the public relations field in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
It is extraordinarily important to recognize and honor the intelligence, grit, and work ethic of the many young communications professionals who deliver irreplaceable value to their clients and colleagues. We urge agencies and in-house departments to support their young professionals by participating in this award, said Leslie Gottlieb, PRSA-NY president.
The judging panel for the 15 Under 35 Awards is composed of professionals who oversee agencies, run corporate communications departments, and maintain active involvement in the Chapter. They look for the following attributes in successful 15 Under 35 nominations:
- Demonstrated service to the PR industry and community at large.
- Evidence of strong initiative, high ethical standards, leadership, and continuing education efforts.
- History of significant career growth relative to age, along with tactical and strategic contributions to employers, clients, or colleagues.
- Proven professionalism, maturity, leadership, initiative, ethics, success to date, and future promise.
- Outstanding performance with strong evidence of driving growth and value for their organization, in addition to extending themselves beyond their current responsibilities by participating or leading in extracurricular or volunteer activities.
- Letters of recommendation are expected from supervisors, educators, mentors, clients, or associates.
Winners will be recognized at the 2019 Big Apple Awards on June 24 and will be invited to sit on the PRSA-NY Young Professionals Advisory Committee, part of the PRSA-NY Board of Directors, through December 2020. 15 Under 35 Award winners will also receive a complementary one-year PRSA-NY membership.
Tickets to the Big Apple Awards ceremony can be purchased here.
About the Big Apple Awards and PRSA-NY
PRSA-NY established the Big Apple Awards in 1987 to celebrate excellence in public relations. Widely regarded as one of the industrys most prestigious accolades, the Big Apple Awards honor innovative and strategic PR campaigns and projects.
The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America is one of the oldest, largest, and most prominent public relations Chapters in the country. Located in the media capital of the world, it offers top-level professional development, networking, mentoring, and awards. PRSA-NY serves communications professionals in agencies, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government, as well as independent practitioners.
Vice president of marketing, PRSA-NY
or +1 646 385 0189