Commercial Airport Radar Systems Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of over 4% and expected to reach over USD 16 billion by the year 2023. Runway incursions are one of the major problems that are faced by the airport authorities.
For instance, in July 2018, a Singapore – Chennai Air India flight was grounded at Chennai airport after taking a bird hit while coming into land. The Dreamliner aircraft with 172 passengers was gliding down at 400 feet over Officers Training Academy, to touch down on the Guindy-end of the main runway, when the bird strike took place. AAI has been trying to minimize bird hits by discussing with the local bodies around the airport. To avoid these increasing runway incursions, the need for advanced radar systems is increasing.
Also, lower airfares, increasing living standards, and the growing middle-class population in large emerging markets, such as China and India, are major contributors to improving air travel.
The middle class, in both countries combined, grew from 80 million, in 2000, to 135 million in 2016, exhibiting an increase of nearly 70 percent. To accommodate the increasing air passengers, new airports are being built, or the expansion of existing airports are taking place around the world which in turn is generating demand for advanced radar systems for efficient tracking and surveillance.
Major Market Developments
- Meteo-France, the national meteorological service in France, has provided a contract to Mitsubishi Electric for providing Doppler Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) at Nice Cte d’Azur Airport.
- Raytheon Company announced that Mississippi radar manufacturing plant is undergoing an expansion of 50,000 square feet with an investment of USD 100 million.
- Hensoldt and Raytheon Company have entered a partnership to jointly develop and market advanced airport surveillance radars to improve air traffic safety.
- Aselsan A.S.
- Rockwell Collins
- Terma A/S
- Raytheon Company
- NEC Corporation
- Indra Sistemas S.A.
- BAE Systems
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Easat Radar Systems Limited
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Thales Group
Key Topics Covered
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Commercial Airport Radar Systems Market – Segmented by Range
6. Commercial Airport Radar Systems Market – Segmented by Application
7. Commercial Airport Radar Systems Market – Segmented by Geography
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Company Profiles
10. Future Market Outlook
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rsz6gl/global_commercial?w=4