ACG Boston, the Boston Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), today announced the winners of the organizations inaugural chapter awards. Given to exceptional member volunteers who have helped ACG Boston grow into the thriving community it is today, the recipients are as follows:
- Jack Derby, President of Derby Management, has received the Lifetime Achievement Award. This award recognizes a long-time member and leader of the ACG Boston community who has made outstanding contributions to the growth and visibility of the chapter throughout their career.
- Jay Jester, Managing Director at Audax Group, has received the Visionary Award. This award recognizes a transformational leader who has influenced significant growth and innovation for ACG, and the greater M&A industry.
- Julia Karol, President and Chief Operating Officer of Watermill Group, has received the Woman of Influence Award. This award recognizes a female member of the ACG community who has risen to a leadership position of excellence in the M&A industry, and is actively involved in empowering, supporting and connecting women within ACG, and the larger M&A ecosystem.
- Kyle Murphy, Business Development Executive at JP Morgan, has received the Emerging Leader Award. This award recognizes a young professional member who shows promise in becoming a future leader in the ACG Boston community.
- John Surrette, Shareholder at KLR, has received the Pillar Award. This award recognizes a member who is actively involved in all aspects of the chapter through volunteer service, a strong community presence & is an overall ambassador of ACG Boston.
Since 1979, ACG Boston has been dedicated to helping New Englands middle-market M&A professionals and business leaders build strong, trusted networks and source quality deals, said David Clark, President of ACG Boston and Managing Director at Raymond James. As part of this mission, we have been fortunate enough to establish relationships and partner with some of our areas most experienced and talented business professionals. The recipients of these prestigious awards, each of whom are highly respected in their respective industries, truly represent the spirit and passion that is ACG Boston. We are very honored and proud to recognize their accomplishments and sincerely thank them for their previous, ongoing and future commitments to ACG Boston.
The winners will be recognized at ACG Bostons 40th anniversary celebration on the evening of Wednesday, April 24, at the Boston Harbor Hotel.
About ACG Boston ACG Boston is New England’s premier member-based association dedicated to helping middle-market M&A professionals build and maintain trusted networks since 1979. Our members include private equity investors, intermediaries, corporate development professionals, lenders, M&A advisors and transaction service providers “ all working together to get the deal done. 75% of ACG members report they have done business with fellow members, making ACG a premium resource for those directly involved in M&A transactions.
ACG Boston provides opportunities for our M&A community to connect at 40+ events offered annually. From monthly speaker series to 600-person conferences, ACG Boston’s events help facilitate the kinds of relationships deal professionals need, and provide the content essential to stay current in the industry. For more information, please visit www.acg.org/boston.