Discussions will center around recent reforms and the pending shift to a new trading landscape
TradeTech Asia, the only event that brings together Asia’s top buy-side Heads of Trading and Trading Technology Leaders, is returning to Singapore this month. This year’s event will host 60% new speakers and over 250 senior level trading professionals at The Hilton hotel from 25th to 26th October, and a Technology Evaluation & Benchmarking Focus Day on 24th October.
TradeTech Asia 2017 has been designed by the buy-side for the buy-side, and provides an opportunity for participants to benchmark against equity trading and trading technology pioneers. The event has been put together based on extensive market research and 108 in-depth conversations with past participants. The result: a dedicated two-day track on FinTech and a track for Heads of Trading and Heads of Trading Technology, a spotlight on MiFID II, an ETF boardroom and head-to-head debates on industry hot topics – in new learning formats that will maximize your experience.
Key speakers to look out for include:
- Jon Glennie, Head of Trading Technology Asia Pacific, JP Morgan Asset Management
- Martin David, Head of Trading, APAC, UBS Asset Management
- Vishtaspa Rana, Head of Trading, Tata Asset Management
- Richard Green, Head of Product Management – Asia Pacific, Aberdeen Asset Management
- Balaji Jayaram, Head APAC Trading Analytics, Citibank
- Peter Ton That, Head of Investment Technology APAC, Schroders
- Kevin Foy, Regional Head Sales Trading & Execution, Maybank Kim Eng Securities
- Dan Liebau, Founder, Lightbulb Capital
“The new rules agreed in the revision to MiFID II are transforming trading and transparency in capital markets around the world. These reforms are ambitious but have been a long time in the making, and will no doubt trigger a major shift to a new trading landscape,” commented Suhana Begum, Conference Director of TradeTech Asia 2017, “How will trading desks cope with these changes, and what must be done to ensure trading processes remain compliant, efficient and cost-effective? We envisioned TradeTech Asia as a central platform for the industry to get together to discuss our industry’s sweeping changes, and more.”
TradeTech Asia is one of two conferences organized by Worldwide Business Research addressing market infrastructures in the Asia-Pacific.