Leading edtech events join forces to bridge innovation in US and European markets
EdTech Europe, Europe’s leading e-learning focused conference platform announced it will be partnering with SXSWedu, the US’ largest and most energetic education sector event, for its 2014 summit along with the Europe EdTech 20 ranking of the top e-learning companies in Europe.
The collaboration will see selected participants from the 2014 SXSW LAUNCHedu competition for early-stage education start-ups invited to showcase their product or service to the EdTech Europe 2014 audience of more than 200 established professional learning and education players, innovators and investors. The partnership will also see Europe EdTech 20 entrants considered for application to future SXSW LAUNCHedu competitions, subject to certain eligibility criteria.
The EdTech 20 rankings will be compiled by a global panel of influential players in education technology space including Ron Reed, SXSWedu Executive Producer It will include e-Learning companies who have shown the most significant innovation and growth over the last year and whose businesses are primarily based within Europe. Interested companies can make their submission here:
EdTech Europe, which is organised by education Technology Company Edxus Group and IBIS Capital, a specialist media investment and advisory firm, is an exclusive one day summit addressing current industry and investment trends in e-Learning and exploring the business of education to act as a catalyst for the consolidation and investment required in the sector. It will take place in London on 12 June 2014 at the Millbank Tower.
Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet, Co-Founder & CEO Edxus Group and Ed Tech Europe, said: “There are some obvious parallels between the goals of EdTech Europe and SXSWedu that make this new collaboration an exciting prospect. There is a lot that Europe can learn from the US edtech and e-Learning market. SXSWedu sets the trends in education technology and connects the edTech community, like no one else. We are delighted to create a bridge between the two events and a flow of innovation, talents, ideas and investments between the US and European Ed Tech scenes.
Ron Reed, Executive Producer at SXSWedu, added: “We are really excited to be working with EdTech Europe.This partnership presents a great opportunity to exchange ideas and work together to drive the edtech industry forward globally.”
Key themes on the agenda for this year’s EdTech Europe event include:
- The need to focus on user engagement
- The transition from MOOCS to “Selective Online Courses”, or SOOCS
- Widespread adoption of BYOD strategies
- The rise of data and analytics to drive adaptive learning programmes
- Mobile, casual & informal learning apps
- Peer-to-peer learning platforms
- Increased use of video and immersive learning environments
- The emergence of learning record stores
- Increased focus on rewards, certification and accreditation
- Large media corporates actively investing in e-Learning
- Continued growth in online-enabled private tuition
- The growing adoption of technology as a delivery mechanism on government-funded vocational skills training market