Leading UK law firm Burges Salmon is pleased to announce that it has promoted Rachael Ruane, from the firm’s Banking and Finance team, to partner.
The promotion, effective from 1 May 2014, reflects the firm’s continued growth in the Banking and Finance sector.
Rachael Ruane joined Burges Salmon in October 2006 and advises on corporate banking, asset backed finance, acquisition finance, securitisations and project finance with a particular focus on the transport and energy sectors.
Rachael commented: “I am pleased to have the opportunity to continue contributing to the ongoing growth and success of the firm’s well respected Banking and Finance practice. We act for some of the most high profile organisations in the sector and I look forward to building on this and continuing to provide them with excellent client service.”
Examples of recent experience include advising:
- in relation to banking and security arrangements to finance the accession of a cooperative of dairy farmers as a corporate member of Arla Foods amba;
- on equipment leasing, vehicle leasing and bilateral facilities for a large transport group;
- on the restructuring of defaulting securitisation portfolios;
- a corporate in the renewables sector on aspects of its development financing arrangements for a waste to energy facility and associated technology;
- a far Eastern conglomerate in relation to hire purchase arrangements for printing presses
- on various matters in relation to a portfolio of executive jets financed by a UK institution; and
- a major bank on the senior debt refinancing for a group of crematoria.
The head of Burges Salmon’s Corporate and Financial Institutions department, Chris Godfrey, said: “We are very pleased to welcome Rachael as a new partner to the team. She is a talented lawyer who consistently provides clients with high quality, strategic advice. Rachael will continue to have a vital role to play in the ongoing success of the firm’s Banking and Finance practice.”