Five individuals joined the 52 wireless industry pioneers and innovators inducted into the prestigious Wireless Hall of Fame. The event, hosted by the Wireless History Foundation (WHF), a nonprofit organization that has honored the hall of fame members for the past decade, honored Barry A. Adelman, Pat Cipov, Alain Maloberti, Liz Maxfield and Ed Reynolds. We are honoring these amazing innovators on the 35th anniversary of the first commercial cellular telephone call in the U.S. said Jenifer Snyder, Executive Director of the Wireless History Foundation, and we are thrilled to celebrate their contributions thereto and induction into the Wireless Hall of Fame with such an incredible room of global operator executives, industry leaders, mobile pioneers and wireless innovators.
- Barry A. Adelman: Adelman of Friedman Kaplan Seiler & Adelman LLP served as a powerful and critical legal representative of the industry as a whole and was a central figure in creating the framework for an industry that now represents essential 21st Century infrastructure. Adelman was introduced by Wireless Hall of Fame Member, John Stanton.
- Pat Cipov: Cipov has been actively involved in all aspects of ownership and operations of the wireless construction and maintenance of communication towers and antenna systems and has left an indelible impact on the safety and quality of the industry. Cipov was introduced by James Tracey, Chairman, National Association of Tower Erectors.
- Alain Maloberti: In addition to serving as an executive of France Telecom and Orange, Maloberti served as the first chairman of the European standards group ETSI SMG2, the group that standardized the GSM radio interface and helped pave the way for the success of GSM in Europe. Maloberti was introduced by Wireless Hall of Fame Member, Jan Uddenfeldt.
- Liz Maxfield: Maxfield was instrumental in the early development of the cellular industry from working on many of the first FCC license filings and is a pioneer in preserving the history of the wireless industry through the formation of the Wireless History Foundation. Maxfield was introduced by Wireless Hall of Fame Member and Wireless History Foundation Co-Founder, Arlene Harris.
- Ed Reynolds: Over a career spanning several decades, Reynolds led the implementation of multiple wireless technologies from analog to 4G that shaped the wireless revolution and wireless companies ranging from Cingular and AT&T Wireless to FirstNet. Reynolds was introduced by Wireless Hall of Fame Member, Ralph de la Vega.
The Wireless History Foundation and the evenings honorees paid special thanks to the 2018 event sponsors:
- Bandwidth Level: AT&T, Eagle River, Trilogy Partners, Verizon
- Spectrum Level: Assurant Solutions, CTIA, Ericsson, GSMA, National Association of Tower Erectors, Telecom Ventures/Columbia Capital
- Frequencies Level: Bluewater Wireless, Comcast, Dyna LLC, Friedman Kaplan, Seiler & Adelman, Mosiak, Pensare Acquisition Corp., Somos, Inc., Sprint, Syniverse, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Vertical Bridge
- Connections Level: Bandwidth, Inc., CallFire, CLX Communications, Inc., Comtech Telecommunications Corp., Crown Castle, John Dwyer, Interop, Steve Zitnick, Interop, Larry & Lois Movshin, Lukas Lafuria Gutierrez & Sachs LLP, Qualcomm, SpotOn Networks, Stuart Subotnick, The mGive Foundation, Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, Wireless Infrastructure Association, Zipwhip
For additional information or to participate as a sponsor of the 2019 Wireless Hall of Fame awards dinner, please contact Jenifer Snyder at [email protected].
About the Wireless History Foundation
Founded in October 2008 on the 25th anniversary of the first commercial cellular telephone call in the United States, the Wireless History Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by wireless pioneers seeking to increase public understanding of the wireless industry and its social and economic impacts by chronicling the achievements of individuals, the contributions of numerous organizations, and the evolution of wireless communications. Its signature event is the annual Wireless Hall of Fame Awards Dinner, which provides public recognition of outstanding individuals across all segments of the wireless industry. Learn more about the Wireless History Foundation at www.wirelesshistoryfoundation.org.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.