Kaspersky Lab, a global cybersecurity company, is hosting CyberStarts Boston, a free, one-day event on September 20, which aims to empower the next generation of cybersecurity professionals. The event will feature a line-up of inspiring discussions addressing the industrys skills shortage, unconventional career paths, leadership in the workplace, as well as actions to lessen the gender gap in cybersecurity.
Following its recent study, which found that 78 percent of young females have never considered a career in cybersecurity, Kaspersky Lab is bringing together cybersecurity advocates, technology mavens and business leaders at this inaugural event to encourage greater diversity within the industry. Boston-area companies, business leaders, higher education students, cybersecurity enthusiasts and industry professionals are all invited to participate in CyberStarts Boston.
When: CyberStarts Boston is on Thursday, September 20, 2018 with registration opening at 8:00 a.m. ET. Closing remarks will conclude at 4:00 p.m. ET, followed by a networking hour.
Where: The event will take place at Convene Boston, located at One Boston Place, 201 Washington St., Floor 2, Boston, MA 02108.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Who: Kaspersky Lab welcomes keynote speakers, Eva Galperin, Director of Cybersecurity, Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), and Deidre Diamond, CEO and Founder of CyberSN.com and the Founder of brainbabe.org.
In addition, CyberStarts Boston will feature two panel tracks on Advancing Diversity in Cybersecurity as well as Female Leadership in the Workforce. Panelists and moderators include:
- Addie Swartz, CEO, reacHIRE
- Alena Reva, Vice President of Human Resources, Kaspersky Lab
- Gita Srivastava, CEO, Gigavation
- Hazel Butters, CEO, Prompt Inc.
- Jenny Thompson, CEO/Founder, SafetyPIN Technologies
- Kacy Zurkus, Writer, Infosecurity Magazine
- Kasha Gauthier, Director in Residence, Community Engagement, Advanced Cyber Security Center
- Lindsey ODonnell, Staff Writer, Threatpost
- Pam Stenson, Chief Resiliency Officer, Alta Associates & The Executive Women’s Forum
- Sara Munzinger, Product Owner, Carbon Black and Co-Director, Lesbians Who Tech
Throughout the day, participants will discuss:
- A deeper examination of the gender gap in cybersecurity and why, for example, before age 16, most females have decided against such a career
- The industrys skills shortage and understanding unconventional career paths
- Being a leader in the workforce, including managing the blur between work and life
- Inspiration for tomorrows technology leaders, including hearing firsthand from one of Kaspersky Labs female cybersecurity researchers
CyberStarts Boston is open to everyone “ admission is free of charge. Space is limited, so attendees are encouraged to reserve their spots today by registering here.
More information can be found at https://kas.pr/cyberstartsboston, or follow along on social media: #CyberStartsBoston.
About Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Lab is a global cybersecurity company, which has been operating in the market for over 20 years. Kaspersky Labs deep threat intelligence and security expertise is constantly transforming into next generation security solutions and services to protect businesses, critical infrastructure, governments and consumers around the globe. The companys comprehensive security portfolio includes leading endpoint protection and a number of specialized security solutions and services to fight sophisticated and evolving digital threats. Over 400 million users are protected by Kaspersky Lab technologies and we help 270,000 corporate clients protect what matters most to them. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com.