ITT Inc.s (NYSE:ITT) Enidine brand will showcase a comprehensive portfolio of highly engineered energy absorption and vibration isolation solutions for military and defense applications at the 2018 Shock and Vibration Exchange (SAVE) Symposium in Dallas, Nov. 4“8.
ITT Enidine will showcase custom and off-the-shelf engineering capabilities, along with a wide range of high-damping product solutions for military and defense applications at Booth 506. The Symposium is a five-day event serving as the leading forum for the structural dynamics and vibration community to present and discuss new technologies and the latest research.
In addition to displaying their portfolio of shock and vibration products, Mark Downing, ITT Enidine Principal Engineer, Elastomer Products, an expert in the field, will lead a symposium session Simulating Barge Shock Event Using Non-linear 6 DOF Analysis. The session will cover barge shock considerations for MIL-S-901, compare benefits of linear versus non-linear analysis, and offer reasons why single degree of freedom (SDOF) calculations are useful, even though 6DOF tools are readily available. The presentation promotes the use of an analysis cycle (an evolution of tools) that is tied to system maturity.
ITT Enidine experts understand that validating and defining a customers system is paramount for success. Lead engineers like Downing integrate with customer engineering teams to perform a systems level analysis where they consult, validate and confirm that the optimal application is selected and customized. This comprehensive system analysis considers available envelope space for any damping application, risk assessment of bottoming and understanding an applications load-deflection curve.
ITT Enidine has a 50-year legacy of innovating to solve our customers engineering challenges and we remain committed to providing our defense market partners with an integrated solution, said Mark Ott, Principal Engineer, ITT Enidine. Our standard shock and vibration products are available to be customized, and we combine fluid and elastomeric technologies to offer a proprietary solution that is designed, manufactured, tested, and delivered from a single source.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
During SAVE, ITT Enidine will showcase shock and vibration solutions including:
- HERMS: High Energy Rope Mount (HERM) Isolators are manufactured using wire rope isolators over-molded with highly damped elastomer, making them a fail-safe design with a wider load range capability than standard wire rope isolators. During molding, the wire rope is forced in a more elliptical shape, offering improved tension deflection capability and less compression set than wire rope isolators. The additional damping and tension deflection capability results in lower shock response accelerations. HERMS are incorporated on a wide range of defense applications including NAVY cabinet isolation and rafted deck systems, radar systems, weapons, and vehicles.
- SKID isolators: These isolators are designed to protect and ensure the performance of equipment within critical systems. These large displacement isolators provide shock and vibration isolation under a wide range of environmental conditions and enable safe transport of missiles by land or air with a unique elastomeric technology. The US Navys Helios laser weapons system relies on an assortment of Enidine motion control components including SKID isolators and High-Energy Rope Mounts (HERMS) to protect this high-impact, triple-threat defense system.
- SIDAS: Shock Isolator Double Acting Spring (SIDAS) solutions are designed, developed and patented by ITT Enidine. The SIDAS design combines a preloaded mechanical spring to provide static preload forces with a low-pressure hydraulic damper to provide dynamic damping forces.
- Wire Rope Isolators: Constructed of stainless-steel cable and aluminum retaining bars, the ITT Enidine wire rope isolators attenuate shock and vibration, protecting machinery and equipment. The all-metal construction ensures they are completely unaffected by oil, chemicals, abrasives, ozone or temperature extremes.
- Compact Wire Rope Isolators: Compact wire rope isolators provide shock and vibration isolation even in situations where package space is at a premium with a compact design thats smaller than ITT Enidines standard wire rope isolators.
ITT Enidine representatives will be available throughout SAVE at Booth 506 at the Hyatt Regency Dallas. For more information regarding Enidines solutions, please visit www.enidine-defense.com.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Building on its heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2017 revenues of $2.6 billion. For more information, visit www.itt.com.
About ITTs Connect and Control Technologies Business
ITTs Connect and Control Technologies business designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption, motion, flow and environmental control components. Through leading brands such as Aerospace Controls, BIW Connector Systems, Cannon, Compact, Enidine and Veam, the business serves customers in the aerospace, automation, defense, energy, industrial, infrastructure and transportation markets.