GEICO urges you to remember five things that could add up to a safer season while youre out running errands for the holidays:
- Cover your packages: Holiday shopping takes time, and you wouldnt want your efforts to end up in the hands of thieves. Keep a blanket or drop cloth in your vehicle to cover valuable items purchased on shopping trips.
- Lock your doors: Take a moment to make sure all car doors are locked before getting absorbed in smartphone notifications and other distractions. Unlocked vehicles become easy targets for thieves.
- Prevent parking lot perils: Parking lots get more crowded this time of year, and drivers need to pay close attention to pedestrians and other drivers. The mall lot isnt a racetrack “ drivers should always take their time and remember to yield at all crosswalks. Keep distractions from your smartphone, the cars infotainment system and other passengers at bay so you dont miss someone trying to cross.
- Tie down your tree: Use strong rope or ratchet straps to properly secure your Christmas tree. Consider researching how to tie common knots so youre prepared ahead of time.
- Clear your car: If you encounter winter weather during holiday errands, take time to clean snow and ice off your car to maximize visibility. Keeping the cars roof clean also prevents large chunks of snow and ice from flying off and striking other vehicles.
For more safe driving tips all year long, visit GEICO’s Safe Driving Resources page.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company), the second-largest auto insurer in the U.S., was founded in 1936 and insures more than 27 million vehicles.
To make changes, report claims, print insurance cards and purchase additional products, policyholders can access their insurance policy here, connect via GEICO Mobile, phone or by visiting a GEICO local agent.
Homeowners, renters, condo, flood, identity theft and term life coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Commercial auto and personal umbrella coverages are also available.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Visit www.geico.com for a quote or to learn more.