Cienas (NYSE: CIEN) 6500 Packet-Optical Platform powered by WaveLogic Ai has been chosen by QTnet, a communications service provider in Kyushu, Japan to support growing demand for telecommunications services. Through this deployment, QTnet will achieve higher levels of network capacity, flexibility and resiliency.
- QTnet offers fiber optic cable, internet, video and broadband telecommunications services to hundreds of thousands of households and enterprises and local governments in Kyushu, Japans third largest island. Japan is prone to natural disasters, such as typhoons, torrential storms and earthquakes. Located southwest of the main island of Honshu, Kyushu also experienced earthquakes and torrential rain damage.
- Cienas 6500 Packet-Optical Platform powered by WaveLogic Ai programmable coherent optics will enable QTnet to increase capacity up to 400 Gb/s per wavelength across its upgraded flexible grid network. The solution will also help improve QTnets competitive advantage by enabling the operator to offer higher speed connectivity services, gain more fiber capacity, and reduce power and footprint, all with fewer wavelengths to manage.
- Additionally, the 6500s flexible grid with a colorless, directionless, contentionless (CDC) photonic layer and Layer 0 control plane for self-healing capabilities will future-proof the network for new technologies. It will also provide the highest resiliency against potential network/fiber failures and will serve to protect QTnets customer traffic from natural disasters, such as typhoons, torrential storms and earthquakes which impact the island of Kyushu.
- For our network upgrade, we needed a high capacity solution that can provide higher reliability and that can also withstand large-scale natural disasters. By selecting Cienas WaveLogic Ai, we are convinced that we can give our customers high capacity, reliable and stable service. This upgrade supports QTnets vision of “Delivering ˜New Lights to open up New Generation from Kyushu, and allows us to continue delivering “impressive quality” to our customers’ daily lives and businesses. – Sadao Mouri, Director & Senior Managing Executive Officer, QTnet
- This deployment is yet another example of our continued success in the Asia-Pacific region. With an adaptive and resilient optical network powered by our WaveLogic Ai, QTnet can increase its network capacity and assess the demands being placed on its network in real time. With this additional network insight, QTnet will also be able to dynamically adjust capacity to meet customer demands. – Hiroyuki Kume, President, Ciena Communications Japan
QTnet is a communications carrier with deep roots in the Kyushu region, providing attractive services safely, conveniently and seamlessly. QTnet provides varieties of communication services including BBIQ, a fiber optic internet-access service for consumers, QT Mobile, a MVNO mobile service, QT PRO, a network solution service for enterprises and local governments. QTnet has established IoT & AI promotion office aiming to farther improve its ICT service offerings which enrich the lives of customers in Kyushu region.
WANT TO BUILD A FINANCIAL EMPIRE?
Subscribe to the Global Banking & Finance Review Newsletter for FREE Get Access to Exclusive Reports to Save Time & Money
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. We Will Not Spam, Rent, or Sell Your Information.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services, and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the worlds most sophisticated networks with automation and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.