The “ADAS and Autonomous Driving Industry Chain Report 2018 (II) – Automotive Vision” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Car camera is the one installed on the car to realize sundry image acquisition and video recording functions, mainly covering inner-view camera, rear-view camera, front-view camera, side-view camera, and surround-view camera.
Camera installations amounted to 6.39 million units in the Chinese passenger car market in 2017, and the figure is expected to grow to 31.80 million units by 2021 with an AAGR of 49.3%.
The camera is mainly used for reverse image (rear view) and 360-degree panoramic view (surround view), with forward- and inner-view cameras soon to become the main growth drivers. Major applications of the front-view camera are FCW, LDW and AEB, while the inner-view camera the driver monitoring system.
Being capable of capturing static images and videos, the camera being the most important imaging device, is primarily made up of; lens, motor, filter, image sensor, and image signal processor (ISP).
Lens: The leading automotive lens manufacturer in the world, shipped 18 million lenses in the first half of 2018. The company also forays into the field of LiDAR optical parts.
The ADAS and Autonomous Driving Industry Chain Report 2018 – Automotive Vision, highlights the following:
- Overview of the automotive camera industry;
- Lane detection function;
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB);
- Night vision system and intelligent headlight;
- Driver monitoring system (DMS);
- Study into foreign automotive vision companies;
- Study into Chinese automotive vision companies
Automotive vision enterprises fall into two parts:
- Car Camera-Related Companies; the enterprises that are engaged in visual software development based on car camera to help achieve specific ADAS
- Autonomous Driving Functions
As a main sensor of ADAS autonomous driving era, the camera is widely used in;
- Lane Detection
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Obstacle Monitoring
- Pedestrian Recognition
- Fatigue Driving Monitoring
- Occupant Monitoring
- Rear-view Mirror Replacement
- Reverse Image
- 360-Degree Panorama
Having to seek for a transition, Chinese vision ADAS vendors can take the following three paths into account.
- Firstly, the providers of partial ADAS function solutions grow to become providers of comprehensive autonomous driving and intelligent connected vehicle solutions (TIER 1) by means of mergers.
- Next, vision ADAS vendors may become providers of mobility service technology solutions by starting with surround-view business to tap into automated parking and then foray into mobility services. The OEMs are successively transferring to be providers of mobility services.
- Last, products with core technologies are focused. For instance, prioritizing AI chip or a binocular stereo camera as its hit product. Most suppliers boasting core technologies will be ultimately either merged or acquired by the listed companies, while those that fail to forge core competitiveness will be knocked out.
- Sony Image Senor
- Veoneer (Autoliv)
- Valeo CDA
- FujitsuTen (Denso Ten)
- First Sensor
- Sunny Optical
- Smarter Eye
- Horizon Robotics
- Forward Innovation
- Intesight Information Technology Co., Ltd.
- ZongMu Technology
- Suzhou INVO Automotive Electronics
- Sphyrna (Shuangjisha Technology)
- Tsingtech Microvision
- CalmCar Vehicle Vision System
- Shenzhen Autocuis Technology
- Black Sesame Technologies (BST)