Healthcare regulations such as the Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) continue to evolve and challenge the laboratory industry. To remain viable in this changing landscape, every clinical and pathology lab must understand and respond to these challenges by learning and implementing effective cost-control strategies, as well as by developing and deploying targeted lab services that deliver value and earn reimbursements. At the 24th annual Executive War College Conference on Laboratory & Pathology Management, executives from XIFIN, Inc. will provide insights on how labs can achieve this “ highlighting strategies that leverage informatics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and more. The conference will occur April 30 “ May 1, 2019, in New Orleans, LA.
On April 30th, L¢le White, executive chairman & CEO of XIFIN, will be closing out the first day with a general session titled Ugly Truth About Payers & PAMA: What Labs Can Expect and How to Respond. During the session, she will share insights about private insurers making aggressive price cuts beyond what the PAMA schedule dictates, and what strategies that labs have implemented in response have worked and which have not. Other XIFIN leaders, as well as leaders from Etyon and Pathology Practice Advisors, LLC, will also be presenting their insights on lab revenue enhancement strategies. The following is a full schedule of the sessions:
Tuesday, April 30
- 7:30 AM CT: Can A.I. and Machine Learning Boost Your Labs Collections and Revenue? Understand These New Technologies and How to Deploy Them to Best Advantage, a master class session with Jeff Carmichael, vice president of engineering, XIFIN, and Jake Donahue, chief operating officer, Etyon Health.
- 7:30 AM CT: Laboratory Informatics Approach to Support Data Curation and Sharing, Regulatory Compliance, and Reimbursement in the Precision Medicine Landscape, a master class session with Patricia Goede, vice president, clinical informatics, XIFIN.
- 8:30 AM CT: What Every Lab Needs to Know about GDPR: Why General Data Protection Regulations Are an International, National, and Statewide Trend, and How All Labs Must Respond to Minimize Risk and Meet the Law, a master class session with Marty Barrack, senior vice president & general counsel, XIFIN.
- 4:30 PM CT: Ugly Truth About Payers & PAMA: What Labs Can Expect and How to Respond, a general session with L¢le White, executive chairman & CEO of XIFIN.
Wednesday, May 1
- 8:30 AM CT: Hidden Landmines in RCM: Understanding Trends that Impact Financial Performance of Laboratories and Pathology Practices, a panel discussion with Diana Richard, director of anatomic pathology and program development, XIFIN; Stephanie Denham, senior director of new customer accounts, XIFIN; and Al Sirmon, partner, Pathology Practice Advisors, LLC.
Thursday, May 2
- 11:15 AM CT: Key Recommendations for Reporting Your Lab’s Private Payer Price Data: Identifying Data Sources, Using Informatics Tools, Understanding Where Data is Missing or Inaccurate, and Transmitting Your Data, a post-conference workshop with Craig Young, financial analyst, XIFIN.
- 3:05 PM CT: Summary of the Day and Q&A with the Experts, a post-conference panel discussion including Craig Young, financial analyst, XIFIN, as well as leaders from South Bend Medical Foundation, McDonald Hopkins and DV & Associates, Inc. The panel session will be led by Joyce Gresko, JD, partner, Alston & Bird, LLP.
The Executive War College brings together more than 800 clinical laboratory executives, pathologists and industry leaders, providing attendees with innovative strategies on how labs can best prepare themselves for the future, stated Robert Michel, editor-in-chief of The Dark Report and president of The Dark Intelligence Group, Inc. Given the deep experience and daily interaction XIFIN has with hundreds of the nation’s most successful medical laboratory organizations, L¢le White and other company leaders have unique, useful knowledge to share that labs of all sizes and types can use to maximize their financial value, especially at a time when so much is changing with healthcare in the United States.
Precision Medicine Institute Symposium 2019
In addition to the Executive War College conference, XIFIN will have a presence at the 2019 Precision Medicine Institute Symposium, also taking place in New Orleans, LA, from May 2 “ 3. Precision medicine is poised to transform clinical care, and this event will provide timely insights on how to develop the right precision medicine strategy for todays health networks. On Tuesday, May 2, at 2:10 PM CT, Lori Anderson, product marketing manager at XIFIN, will be presenting at the event on the topic of Precision Medicine Informatics: What Hospitals, Physicians, and Payers Need to Know About Challenges, Approaches, and Best Practices.
About XIFIN, Inc.
XIFIN is a healthcare information technology company that leverages diagnostic information to improve the quality and economics of healthcare. The company’s cloud-based technology facilitates connectivity and workflow automation for accessing and sharing clinical and financial diagnostic data, linking healthcare stakeholders in the delivery and reimbursement of care. To learn more, visit www.XIFIN.com, follow XIFIN on Twitter and LinkedIn, or subscribe to the XIFIN blog.
Julie Sculley, 617.986.5730