Wayfair Inc. (NYSE:W), one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home, today unveiled the top Housewares trends as consumers shop the companys growing selection across tabletop, small electrics, appliances and more. With thousands of options from leading brands spanning All-Clad, Cuisinart, Keurig, W¼sthof, Zwilling J.A., Henckels, Pyrex, Rachael Ray as well as Wayfair Basics, Wayfair data sheds light on how consumers are enhancing their kitchens with the most popular Housewares products.
Tapping into the Wayfair Registry1 as well as thousands of searches2 across Wayfair.com, Wayfair uncovered the following Housewares trends taking shape in 2019:
- Healthy and Homemade “ Wayfair customers continue to gravitate toward products and appliances that promote a healthy lifestyle. Juicers are more popular than ever with searches up 82 percent over last year as the celery juice trend takes Instagram by storm. Consumers are also experimenting with new and innovative cooking styles. In fact, air fryers and multi-functional appliances are quickly becoming a kitchen staple with searches up over 30 percent.
- Restaurant Quality at Home “ Consumers are looking for new ways to bring a more professional touch to their very own recipes. With searches for sous-vide slow cookers up 54 percent year over year, consumers are increasingly experimenting with techniques traditionally reserved for high-end restaurants at home.
- Wedding Bells Signal Pastels “ KitchenAid Mixers continue to be a wedding gift staple as the brands Artisan Stand Mixer tops the list as the product most registered for in the shade Aqua Sky. Pastel themes are also surfacing across other registries as couples embrace retro looks for new appliances. The most popular color for the SMEG 50s Style 4 Slice Toaster is Pastel Blue, while Cream tops the list for its 50s Style Stand Mixer. Pastel Green is also a favored hue for the brands 50s Style Blender 2 Slice Toaster.
- Homebrewed “ Specialty drinks are brewing in todays kitchens as shoppers seek machines that can serve their favorite caffeinated beverages without having to wait in line. Cold-brew searches are up 50 percent while searches for coffee makers and espresso makers have more than doubled. Pour-over coffee makers are also more popular than ever with searches up 82 percent.
- Parties that Pop “ Novelty products are stepping into the spotlight as consumers look for items that provide a fun focal point for guests when entertaining. Searches for popcorn machines alone have grown by 41 percent and items such as cotton candy machines and soft serve ice cream makers are also increasing in popularity.
Our customers are continuously searching for new ideas and inspiration for their housewares collections throughout the year, noted Ryan Gilchrist, general manager of Housewares at Wayfair. As we continuously expand our offering to deliver the best possible shopping experience for the home, we are also focused on creating an interactive hub for Housewares brands by bringing products to life in new and innovative ways. From rich media and video to enhanced product pages, we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for shoppers to find the information they need to be confident in their purchase every time.
In addition to growing its vast Housewares selection, Wayfair has also expanded its variety of Specialty Shops. Customers can visualize unique table setting combinations with the Mix ˜n Match Fiestaware tool and visit Wine & Cheese, Hostess and Mug Shops to find items that fit their needs. Wayfair also offers even more value through its 3 for $30 Shop and newly-launched 3 for $50 Shop, which lets customers mix and match items from a wide selection for one low price with free, two-day delivery.
Wayfair has also enhanced its wedding Registry. In addition to exploring Ideas and Advice for inspiration, couples can take advantage of helpful tools such as the Registry Checklist and the newly launched Gift Tracker, which lets registrants know when they have received a gift and allows them to easily download guest information, making ‘thank you note’ writing easier than ever.
Methodology: 1Based on year-over-year growth of search terms on Wayfair.com (January 2019 vs. January 2018). 2 Based on the most popular items and colors added to Wayfair Registries in 2018.
About Wayfair Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes “ from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair – Everything home for every budget.
- Joss & Main – Stylish designs to discover daily.
- AllModern – The best of modern, priced for real life.
- Birch Lane – Classic home. Comfortable cost.
- Perigold – The widest-ever selection of luxury home furnishings.
Wayfair generated $6.8 billion in net revenue for full year 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 12,100 people.
Media Relations Contact:
Susan Frechette, 617-502-7066
Investor Relations Contact: