Unison, the nations leading provider of home ownership co-investments, announced today significant achievements from 2018 including 370% YoY revenue growth, 308% YoY growth in customer transactions, and $2.42 billion in total value of co-invested U.S. residential real estate ending in Q4 2018. The companys ground-breaking co-investment model provides access to $15 trillion of equity in U.S. residential real estate as an asset class for institutional investors. The company then deploys funding to homebuyers and homeowners as equity-based investments in residential real estate through its HomeBuyer and HomeOwner products.
Unisons 2018 growth numbers point to a clear break from the debt-only status quo in residential real estate, said Thomas Sponholtz, Unisons Founder and Chief Executive Officer. The inevitable turning point has come, as an ever-increasing number of consumers are realizing that Unisons equity-based solution is a far superior way to buy and own a home.
Whether it is supplementing a down payment to buy a home, or unlocking existing home equity to pay off debt, to do a home remodel, or to fund a small business venture, Unison provides consumers with a breakthrough alternative to the antiquated, debt-based, loan models that have been the only options in the real estate marketplace for most of the past century. Unison co-invests with homebuyers and homeowners as a true partnership, without monthly payments, and without interest, since it is not a loan.
In addition to exponential growth in revenue and customer transactions, the viability and strength of Unisons revolutionary, end-to-end co-investment business model was validated with the following results in 2018:
- Expansion into nine additional U.S. states, bringing Unisons total footprint to 22 states plus Washington D.C., reaching over 70 percent of U.S. single-family residential housing units
- $40 million Series B round of funding led by F Prime Capital and joined by Citi Ventures, Royal Bank of Canada, and HOOPP
- Launch of a new 5% Down Program with Valley Bank and Goldwater Bank, that enables home buyers in select regions to contribute as little as 5% on their down payment through an equity partnership with Unison
- Doubling of its employee headcount to over 100 full-time employees
- Key executive hires, including Cari Jacobs, the companys first Chief Marketing Officer and Jason Lin, the companys first Vice-President of Growth Marketing
- The addition of Christa Carone, President of Group Nine Media, as the companys newest member of Unisons board of directors
Unison is revolutionizing the home financing marketplace through long-term co-investment partnerships. The company works with select institutional investors to integrate home ownership investing into the U.S. home financing system through its HomeBuyer and HomeOwner Programs. Unison HomeBuyer helps purchasers buy the home they want with less debt and risk, typically by doubling the down payment and Unison HomeOwner provides existing homeowners with cash without the added debt or payments of a home equity loan or HELOC. The companys co-investment through both programs is a true equity partnership, with no monthly payments, in which Unison shares in the increase or decrease in the future value of a home. Headquartered in San Francisco, Unison operates in 22 states plus Washington D.C. For more information, visit https://www.unison.com/.