One heavy dose of nostalgia meets cutting-edge virtual reality immersion at Two Bit Circus Micro-Amusement Park with the newest park addition of PING!
PING! is a virtual reality game where players are inserted into the 3D world of Pong, except instead of joysticks, the players are the paddles. Beam yourself into this classic game to compete against friends and family. Recommended for ages 9 to 99.
Sharing its DNA with the groundbreaking 1972 Atari classic Pong, PING! at Two Bit Circus will bring teams and spectators together to host a winner-takes-all tournament on Tuesday, November 13, with a chance to play a Two Bit Circus co-founder, Brent Bushnell or Eric Gradman, as a grand prize.
PING! is the newest addition to the 38,000 square-foot rotating entertainment platform and another example of the parks ability to grow and evolve, giving returning guests a fresh and dynamic experience every time.
For the tournament, 16 players will don HTC Vive Focus VR headsets and compete in a one-on-one sudden death style bracket to find out who is the master of the paddles. Each individual will be their own team and will be competing in a single elimination round bracket. The contestants must use their bodies as tools to volley a familiarly oversized and volatile white pixel back and forth at ever quickening speeds. Successful players must be one part goalkeeper and one part pixel-striker to best their opponent.
Want to get in on the inaugural PING! Tournament?
- When: Tuesday, November 13th from 6pm – 10pm.
- Pre-Game Meet Up – 6:00pm – 6:30pm
- Team Sign Up – 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Tournament! – 7:30pm – 10:00pm
- Sign-ups will begin in the Park promptly at 6:30pm, or you can make a reservation online (coming soon!)
- A maximum of 16 teams/players can be registered – first come, first served
- Tournament entry fee: $25
- All participants receive:
- A Two Bit Circus T-Shirt
- $10 Playing Card to use while waiting for your bracket
- All participants receive:
- Two Bit Circus will provide a VR headset for each player and all necessary equipment
- First Place: $50 Two Bit Circus Gift Card, one shiny trophy, and the chance to beat a founder
- Second Place: $25 Two Bit Circus Gift Card
- Third Place: $10 Two Bit Circus Gift Card
The game PING! is now installed at Two Bit Circus, so come early and get a leg up on your competition! Hone your skills, practice your form and master the game! Come play PING! with your friends, new and old, at Two Bit Circus. Cost of regular play is $7 per person for three rounds.
Just feel like watching?
Join us in our audience section to cheer on the carnage from the peanut gallery! (Our peanut gallery includes a full-service bar, staffed by a robot bartender and delectable treats from our kitchen.)
What is a Micro-Amusement Park, you ask?
It is a brand new type of social playspace. Two Bit Circus brings people of all ages together, elbow-to-elbow, to play amid an ever-changing landscape of immersive entertainment, including multi-person virtual reality, narrative escape/story rooms, indie arcades, a 100-seat interactive theater, molecular mixology, a robot bartender and more! For more information, visit www.twobitcircus.com or follow @TwoBitCircus.
104 West for Two Bit Circus