The “Microencapsulation Market Analysis Report By Technology, By Coating Material, By Application (Pharmaceutical, Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverages, Textile, Agrochemicals), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global microencapsulation market size is expected to reach USD 19.34 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 13.6% during the forecast period. Rising demand for microencapsulated flavors, fragrances, probiotic bacteria, and immobilized cells or enzymes in the food & beverage industry is anticipated to trigger the growth of the market.
Population growth coupled with rising per capita income is likely to result in increase in demand for premium soaps & detergents, cosmetics, and personal care products. As a result, adoption of microencapsulation technology in the aforementioned industries, in order to preserve flavor/fragrance, is slated to escalate.
Potential applications of the technology in taste & odor masking, protection from weatherization, particle size reduction, sustained drug delivery, cell encapsulation, and advanced drug delivery systems is likely to augur well for the market.
Microencapsulation technique is increasingly utilized in the textile industry in which sensitive chemicals are used to provide a pronounced effect to the fabric. Spiraling demand for antimicrobial, insect repellant, photochromic, and thermochromic textiles along with cosmetotextiles across the globe is projected to stoke the growth of the market.
- Polymer-based coating materials accounted for 27.4% of the overall revenue in 2017. The growth of the segment can be attributed to high suitability of polymers as wall materials in wide range of applications owing to their superior characteristics
- Spray technology is poised to exhibit a CAGR of 14.1% during the forecast period in terms of revenue on account of low processing cost and high encapsulation efficiency associated with the technology for large-scale production
- The pharmaceutical and healthcare product industry accounted for more than 65% of the market in 2017 owing to advantages associated with the technology such as controlled and sustained drug release, masking odor & bitter taste, and protection from environmental factors
- The home & personal care industry is estimated to progress at a CAGR of 15.6% owing to high consumption of microencapsulated essential oils in body and personal hygiene products including soap, shampoo, body lotions, and hair care products
- Asia Pacific is the most promising region, registering a CAGR of 15.6% during the forecast period owing to soaring demand for the technique in the food & beverage industry for production of nutritional supplements, probiotic bacteria, enzymes, and flavors
- Major players in the market focus on research & development activities to identify new market opportunities and target product development based on requirements from application industries.
- LycoRed Group
- BASF SE
- Lipo Technologies (Vantage)
- Encapsys LLC
- AVEKA Group
- Reed Pacific Pty Ltd.
- Microtek Laboratories Inc.
- TasteTech Ltd.
- GAT Microencapsulation GmbH
- Ronald T. Dodge Co.
- Evonik Industries AG
- InnoBio Limited
- Bayer AG
- Dow Corning Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x6cnvj/the_global?w=4